Technical Support Forum Index
Technical Support Forum
Access ChemAxon scientists and developers here. For registration and login issues contact website support.

Support Ticket System is replacing forum

This forum was converted into a searchable archive. You cannot add posts here any more. For support please use our new Ticket System.

Create your first ticket
Intramolecular reactions have stopped working?
To watch this topic for replies  Register (enables digests) or give email address:
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
    View previous topic :: View next topic    
Lauren

Link to postPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:56 pmPost subject: Intramolecular reactions have stopped working? Reply with quote

I am having a problem with an intramolecular cyclization reaction. For the reaction, I am mapping the reactive centers as two different molecules, then highlighting both molecules and selecting "Merge Reactants".

I then select the file with the input molecules, set it to enumerate sequentially, and then when I enumerate it creates zero products every time. I did the same exercise last year with no issue.

I am making fairly large and complex macrocycles, but I tested this also with a simple Williamson ether-type reaction and the same thing occurs - see screenshots below:

Is there an additional option I need to select to make an intramolecular reaction work or has this feature become broken?

Zsolt
ChemAxon personnel

Link to postPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:57 amPost subject: Reply with quote

It seems the R-group notation doesn't work with intramolecular reactions. Replace R1 and R2 groups with carbon atoms (query notation) and it will work.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Page 1 of 1

To watch this topic for replies   Register (enables digests) or give email address  
Jump to: