Technical Support Forum Index
Technical Support Forum
Access ChemAxon scientists and developers here. For registration and login issues contact website support.

Support Ticket System is replacing forum

This forum was converted into a searchable archive. You cannot add posts here any more. For support please use our new Ticket System.

Create your first ticket
3D coordinates, partial charges
To watch this topic for replies  Register (enables digests) or give email address:
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
    View previous topic :: View next topic    
Ferenc
ChemAxon personnel

Link to postPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:08 pmPost subject: 3D coordinates, partial charges Reply with quote

A user sent this to the support by email:

I have installed the Linux version of ChemAxon tools succesfuly. I have also installed the KNIME extensions. Following the instaruction I have install the licence file I have received for KNIME extensions. The point is that I cannot use all the modules I have license for. For example I would like to use Standardizer to get 3D coordinates and it tells me that I have no valid license for that. I wanted to calculate the charges and the same problem pops up. I do have license from Chem Axon to run those programs...
How to solve it?
The second question: May I calculate partial charges useing Chem Axon tools? which? is it possible within KNIME?
Takahiro

Link to postPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:33 amPost subject: Reply with quote

Could you please let me know the error messages?

The JChem Extensions does not copy the license file automatically like ChemAxon's LicenseManager.
So, could you please confirm whether the file exists as the path of file you have set.
(Please do not move it after setting.)

Best regards,
Taka

Anna

Link to postPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:56 amPost subject: 3D coordinates, partial charges < Integration: KNIME < Reply with quote

Hi,

The error message is as follow:

ERROR Charge Execute failed: No license file found.

Product name: Charge Plugin Group

License path:

Please contact sales@chemaxon.com to obtain the corresponding license.

I have two license files in the same directory. One I got earlier together with the installation of ChemnAxon tools with extension .cxl and the second I got together with the Extensions for KNIME with an extension .dat. I did specify for KNIME only the path to the second license file.

I don't know how to say to the program where is my first license.

Best regards,

Anna

----------------------------------

Dr Anna Karawajczyk

Scientist LeadPharma Medicine B.V.

Takahiro

Link to postPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:32 amPost subject: Reply with quote

Dear Anna,

Thank you for your update.
The JChem Extensions needs valid ChemAxon's license (.cxl) in the user who started KNIME.
Please refer to the site below

http://www.chemaxon.com/marvin/help/licensedoc/installToDesktop.html

The simplest way is Manual install:
The license file must be stored in the .chemaxon (Unix) or chemaxon (Windows) sub-directory of the user's home directory.
The following locations are accepted:
 * (.)chemaxon/license.cxl (the license file name is fix)
 * (.)chemaxon/licenses/*.cxl (from version 5.3.2 only - the license file can have arbitrary name, the extension is fix)

If you use system variables, you can use 'knime.ini' file under <KNIME_INSTALL_DIR>.
Note:please add the line under '-vmargs'.
Example: -Dchemaxon.license.url=/var/license.cxl

Best regards,
Taka

Zsolt
ChemAxon personnel

Link to postPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:49 amPost subject: Re: 3D coordinates, partial charges Reply with quote

Ferenc wrote:

A user sent this to the support by email:

The second question: May I calculate partial charges useing Chem Axon tools? which? is it possible within KNIME?

Yes, partial charges can be calculated with the Charge Plugin. It is also available from KNIME.

Zsolt

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Page 1 of 1

To watch this topic for replies   Register (enables digests) or give email address  
Jump to: