Technical Support Forum Index
Technical Support Forum
Access ChemAxon scientists and developers here. For registration and login issues contact website support.

Support Ticket System is replacing forum

This forum was converted into a searchable archive. You cannot add posts here any more. For support please use our new Ticket System.

Create your first ticket
JWS License Location
To watch this topic for replies  Register (enables digests) or give email address:
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
    View previous topic :: View next topic    
Marc

Link to postPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:37 amPost subject: JWS License Location Reply with quote

Hi,

I am trying to get our JWS deployment of IJC running. It all works fine except for one issue - if I attempt to run JWS on a "virgin" machine (ie one that has never had any chemaxon software installed), after JWS is copied to the local machine I get an error when attemping to copy license.cxl from the server.

Code:
Dowloading license file failed:

'<user home>\chemaxon\http___<server>_license.cxl (the system cannot find the path specified)

obviously, I have deleted the real userhome and server names from the message.

It occurred to me that the '<user home>/chemaxon' directory does not exist because there is no chemaxon software currently on the client. If I manually create the '<user home>/chemaxon' directory and re-run JWS, all goes fine - license.cxl is copied there from the server.

So my question is this - should JWS create '<user home>/chemaxon' if it does not currently exist on the client? Should I just get people to install marvin so they will have '<user home>/chemaxon' before running JWS?

MC
Tim
ChemAxon personnel

Link to postPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:53 amPost subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Yes we are aware of this issue, and your assessment is totally correct.
This is fixed in the 2.4 release, but for now you need to make sure the chemaxon dir exists, or use your suggestion of installing Marvin first.

Tim
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Page 1 of 1

To watch this topic for replies   Register (enables digests) or give email address  
Jump to: