Technical Support Forum Index
Technical Support Forum
Access ChemAxon scientists and developers here. For registration and login issues contact website support.

Support Ticket System is replacing forum

This forum was converted into a searchable archive. You cannot add posts here any more. For support please use our new Ticket System.

Create your first ticket
Cannot convert Smiles into structure in Jchem for Excel
To watch this topic for replies  Register (enables digests) or give email address:
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
    View previous topic :: View next topic    
Xiangping

Link to postPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:22 amPost subject: Cannot convert Smiles into structure in Jchem for Excel Reply with quote

There is a scientist who cannot convert Smiles string in her Excel into structure. i can do it successfully in my PC with the same file she provided. And attached is the settings of JChem add-ins in her Excel. Can anybody advice what might be the cause of this issue? The OS is Windows 7 32-bit,MS Office 200732 bit, Jchem for Excel is JChem_For_Excel_15.11.1600.389.x86.

Filename: jc4e.png    Filesize: 99.65 KB    Viewed: 21433 Time(s)
 Description:  add-in settings in JChem for Excel
jc4e.png
Anna
ChemAxon personnel

Link to postPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:38 pmPost subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

On your screenshot ChemDraw for Excel Add-In is checked in, this might cause issues, so please try again From SMILES conversion after disabling this add-in.

On the other hand, I would like to have a few questions:

-what is the version of JChem for Excel on your PC, where the conversion works? Is ChemDraw for Excell add-in checked-in there as well?

-what happens exactly when your colleague wants to do the conversion, any error messages appear or simply nothing happens?

Regards,

Anna

Xiangping

Link to postPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:45 amPost subject: Cannot convert Smiles into structure in Jchem for Excel Reply with quote

Hi Anna,

Sorry for late response. i didn't get reply from the scientist after i suggesting her to check off the ChemOffice add-ons. i assume that her issue has been resolved...

we both are using JChem_For_Excel_15.11.16, it worked on my PC, but not on hers. There was no error message, just nothing happened after clicking the "From Smiles" button.

Anna
ChemAxon personnel

Link to postPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:17 amPost subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the details, it's good to know, the issue has been resolved, but let us know, if you have any additional comments.

Anna

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Page 1 of 1

To watch this topic for replies   Register (enables digests) or give email address  
Jump to: