Technical Support Forum Index
Technical Support Forum
Access ChemAxon scientists and developers here. For registration and login issues contact website support.

Support Ticket System is replacing forum

This forum was converted into a searchable archive. You cannot add posts here any more. For support please use our new Ticket System.

Create your first ticket
how does template clean matching work?
To watch this topic for replies  Register (enables digests) or give email address:
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
    View previous topic :: View next topic    
Hans-Juergen

Link to postPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:46 amPost subject: how does template clean matching work? Reply with quote

Hi,

I use the clean2d action of the chemaxon standardizer. For some of my structures I need to do template based clean.

In the most cases my (custom) templates are matched and clean does retain the coordinates of the atoms/bonds defined in my template.

There is one group of structure where I have difficulties to match my template. Those are 'ferrocene like'structures i.e. Cp rings connected to Metal atoms such as Iron etc.

An example is attached to the post.

Question: For the structure in the image attached- What is the MINIMAL template (defined as molfile) I need to define to clean the structure (e.g. straighten the CO groups) but RETAIN the 'pseudo3d' look.

with other words: How does template based clean2d tries to match the (custom) templates (in my case defined in an external SDFile) in the original structure? Is it a substructure match or something else?

In the same context: Since I might have other similar structures where the metal atom is not Iron , but eg. Chrome:

Can I use query atoms (A or Q) or e.g. atom lists in my template?

Hope one help. Thanks for feedback in advance.

Best regards

Hans-Juergen

Filename: pseudo3d_clean.PNG    Filesize: 45.38 KB    Viewed: 13151 Time(s)
 Description:  
pseudo3d_clean.PNG
Zsolt
ChemAxon personnel

Link to postPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:28 amPost subject: Reply with quote

Yes, query atoms and query bonds can be used in the template. I have attached an example which uses only carbon atoms, any atoms, and any bonds.

Filename: clean_template_example.png    Filesize: 26.13 KB    Viewed: 13117 Time(s)
 Description:  
clean_template_example.png
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Page 1 of 1

To watch this topic for replies   Register (enables digests) or give email address  
Jump to: