Technical Support Forum Index
Technical Support Forum
Access ChemAxon scientists and developers here. For registration and login issues contact website support.

Support Ticket System is replacing forum

This forum was converted into a searchable archive. You cannot add posts here any more. For support please use our new Ticket System.

Create your first ticket
JC4XL Functions not available Office 2013
To watch this topic for replies  Register (enables digests) or give email address:
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
    View previous topic :: View next topic    
mpustelnik

Link to postPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:13 pmPost subject: JC4XL Functions not available Office 2013 Reply with quote

JC4XL JChem functions not available.  On Windows 7 64bit Office 2013 32bit JChem functions are not available.  Attached is the Add-Ins screen.

Filename: addins for Excel 2013.png    Filesize: 99.5 KB    Viewed: 26576 Time(s)
 Description:  
addins for Excel 2013.png
Akos
ChemAxon personnel

Link to postPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:00 amPost subject: Reply with quote

Hi Matt,

As I see on the snapshot you sent, the JChemExcel Functions is activated only as a COM Add-in, but it has to be loaded (also) as an Excel Add-in:

This should be the solution for that:

1. File > Options > Add-Ins > select the Excel Add-ins in the manage combo box > Go...

2a. Select the checkbox next to JChemExcel Functions > OK

2b. If the JChemExcel Functions item does not exists in the list, then click Automation

3b. Select JChemExcel Functions from the list, then click OK

I see from the other post that you probably have already tried these steps, so if it does not solve the problem, we need a GoToMeeting where you can share your screen to investigate this issue.

Thanks,

Akos

Anna
ChemAxon personnel

Link to postPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:20 amPost subject: Reply with quote

Hi Matt,

As far as I see, there is also ChemDraw for Excel installed on your computer. If it was the first Add-in, which was installed, it will be loaded first, and JCHem for Excel Add-In will not be loaded. Unfortunately, this is how Microsoft Excel works, these cannot work at the same time. So, please, try to disable ChemDraw for Excel add-in first, then enable JChem Excel functions.

Regards,

Anna

mpustelnik

Link to postPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:37 pmPost subject: Reply with quote

That fixed it.  I had to restart Excel.  FYI I was also able to get JC4XL working on Windows 10, Office 2013 32bit, following the same steps.

Anna
ChemAxon personnel

Link to postPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:24 amPost subject: Reply with quote

Good news, thanks for the feedback!

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Page 1 of 1

To watch this topic for replies   Register (enables digests) or give email address  
Jump to: