Technical Support Forum Index
Technical Support Forum
Access ChemAxon scientists and developers here. For registration and login issues contact website support.

Support Ticket System is replacing forum

This forum was converted into a searchable archive. You cannot add posts here any more. For support please use our new Ticket System.

Create your first ticket
Replicating tautomers generated by version 4.0.3
To watch this topic for replies  Register (enables digests) or give email address:
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
    View previous topic :: View next topic    
Jason

Link to postPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:45 amPost subject: Replicating tautomers generated by version 4.0.3 Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I’m currently attempting to replicate the results of a paper that used the ChemAxon suite back in 2008. It appears that the current software is generating different tautomers for some chemicals to those in the paper. The paper is quotes “MarvinBeans pKa estimation plug-in, ver. 4.0.3” as their source. I currently have an academic licence for using the software. Is it possible for me to get this earlier version of the software so that I can replicate the results? Or is there a way to change the output in a way that will replicate the tautomers of the earlier software. I'm working with smiles so I can make simple changes to the output structure.

Thanks,

Jason Jooste     

Daniel
ChemAxon personnel

Link to postPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:52 pmPost subject: Reply with quote

Dear Jason, 

You can download the old Marvin versions from the link below. You can use the corresponding applet version as well. 

The links are:

https://www.chemaxon.com/marvin-archive/

and 

https://www.chemaxon.com/download.php?d=/data/download/marvin/archives

Best regards, 

Daniel

Jason

Link to postPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:40 amPost subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help Daniel, that was just what I needed!

I'm having a strange problem though, when I import the jmarvin.jar file and try to use tautomerization plugin the method and field names are all alphabetic instead of corresponding to the names in the examples. Are the JAR files protected in some way? Am I using them incorrectly? I'm sorry if I'm being a bit dense, I've tried to find a tutorial on how to use the MarvinBeans packages but I haven't been able to find anything.

The autocomplete I am getting in eclipse (I confirmed the methods with reflection so this isn't an Eclipse issue):

Thanks, 

Jason

László
ChemAxon personnel

Link to postPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:22 pmPost subject: Reply with quote

Dear Jason,

In marvin-all and marvin-bin packages the methods are obfuscated.
You have to download marvinbeans-4.0.3.zip, and use MarvinBeans.jar from lib directory.

Best regards,
Laszlo 

Jason

Link to postPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:50 amPost subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help Laszlo, that worked perfectly!

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Page 1 of 1

To watch this topic for replies   Register (enables digests) or give email address  
Jump to: