Technical Support Forum Index
Technical Support Forum
Access ChemAxon scientists and developers here. For registration and login issues contact website support.

Support Ticket System is replacing forum

This forum was converted into a searchable archive. You cannot add posts here any more. For support please use our new Ticket System.

Create your first ticket
Help with clean2dOpts
To watch this topic for replies  Register (enables digests) or give email address:
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
    View previous topic :: View next topic    
Bin

Link to postPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 11:37 pmPost subject: Help with clean2dOpts Reply with quote

I have two structures,  A is O=C3[C@H]2[C@H]1C=C[C@H](O1)[C@H]2S(=O)(=O)N3c4ccc(Br)cc4, and B is CCO[C@@H]1C[C@@H]2CC[C@H](C1)N2c1nccs1.

The structure A in Marvin with toff is much better,  so we decided to use this option in Marvinsketch,  however,  the structure B  looks worse with this option.  Could you tell me how to tune the Marvinsketch's options to get similar result in ChemDraw.

Thanks

bzaicsek
ChemAxon personnel

Link to postPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:39 amPost subject: Reply with quote

Dear Binzhou!

Toff means, that you do not want to use allready defined structures during clean. If a result is pretty with Toff it means it was cleaned according to an algorithm of us. We have some common structures that is usually cleaned differently, and they are collected in a template file.

The problem is you can not use only the algorithm for one exceptional structure and the template library for an other exceptional structure. However you can set a template file for new special structures with the T{filename} option to use it during cleaning.

I hope, it solves the problem.

Regards:
Balázs 

Bin

Link to postPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:12 pmPost subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. However Marvinsketch will take some arbitrary smiles from user in our application.  a fixed template file is not a option.  So what is the best bet for the most user structures? Toff ,  Tf or  without clean2dopts?

Thanks

Yingyao

Link to postPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:20 pmPost subject: Reply with quote

The question may be rephrased as, how to get ChemDraw-like 2D displays in Marvin for structure B? Thanks

Peter
ChemAxon personnel

Link to postPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 3:53 pmPost subject: Reply with quote

Currently, there is no way get ChemDraw-like 2D display for structure B.

We will improve our clean to provide nicer structure. Unfortunately we are really busy for our next release, 6.1, so I can't promiss, it will be ready until that.

Regards,
Peter

Peter
ChemAxon personnel

Link to postPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:04 pmPost subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy to inform you that the clean of structure B is fixed in Marvin 6.3.

Regards,

Peter

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Page 1 of 1

To watch this topic for replies   Register (enables digests) or give email address  
Jump to: