RelSearchWS v. JChemSearchWS

User 1a3b6cd85b

10-02-2010 17:43:26

I'm trying to use the RelSearchWS to search a relational table (non-structural) - e.g. select myId from myTable limit 10. It is not clear from the docs how to do this.

Can you give me an example how to query the relational database as above through the appropriate web service?

The docs provide an example that is only structural based which makes RelSearchWS look very much like JChemSearchWS.

ChemAxon ebbce65bcf

11-02-2010 08:29:21

Steve,

Yes, you should use RelSearchWS, if you have any related data in another table. But before this you have to use RelAdminWS to connect the tables logically (create a relation tree of them), if you haven't done so. Unfortunately, in version 5.3 you can formulate conditions only for the JChem table fields. The feature which provides the possibility to define conditions on related fields is just complete and will be available in JChem Web Services 5.3.1. Sorry, for this latency, we know it is an important thing.

The format you should use will be similar to the current one, but you will also have to add the table name of the field in the WHERE section. For example:

...!filterQuery: select cd_id from <structureTableName> where <tableName>.<fieldName> = <value> ...

I hope, I could help.

Regards,

Roland

ChemAxon 990acf0dec

25-02-2010 18:52:01

Hi Steve,

I would like to inform you that we had to make an urgent patch release that was named 5.3.1, therefore the feature promised in this topic will be included only in the patch release coming at the end of March (probably named 5.3.2).

Best regards,

Akos