Web Services / REST API cannot find new license

User 16d6255802

20-01-2016 15:37:22

Hello,

My team and I have been running Chemaxon's Web Services / REST API for a couple years. We built a tool 2 years ago that utilized the REST API to convert MarvinJS drawings into SMILES / NAMES in order to test students.

Last month our license expired, so we requested two new licenses (one for Web Services and one for MarvinJS) and received them quickly after (thank you!!).

Now the issue. The MarvinJS license file worked fine (replaced the existing license in website's root, and we no longer get the error message on the applet itself, telling us the license is expired) but the new Web Services license just won't be recognized for some reason.

I replaced the old file (located in the home directory of the user that started the server) at ".chemaxon/license.cxl" but I still get the error:

"errorCode": 2,
"errorMessage": "No valid license found. Contact administrator!",
"rootCause": "LicenseException"

I've tried everything. Created a licenses folder, got the sales staff to send me another license in case file was defective, and had a couple people at the University take a look at it, and none of us can understand why it wont work. We did the installation 2 years ago, so we are comfortable-ish with the package. 

Writing here hoping this has happened before, or maybe there is something I'v overlooked. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

ChemAxon 13811e1703

20-01-2016 16:08:56

Hi,

The license should be on path:
${userHome}/.chemaxon/license.cxl
OR
${userHome}/.chemaxon/licenses/license.cxl

The servlet container must be restarted after placing the license.

You can check the installed licenses on the services root url (in a browser):
http://[host]:[port]/[context]/rest-v0

Please check if there are any licenses listed and check the expiration date.

Regards,
Peter 

User 16d6255802

21-01-2016 14:11:50

That was it. I had to get the server people to restart Tomcat. Worked fine afterwards. Thank you!!