Memory requirements

User 3d3f3767a2

08-09-2014 19:06:54

Hi there,

I have been running into issues with Jchem web services (current version). I am running it on a 4GB 32-bit centos instance. I use the following settings:

Using CATALINA_OPTS:

-Xms1536m

-Xmx2g

-XX:MaxPermSize=256m

-XX:+UseParallelGC

-XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=1500

-XX:GCTimeRatio=9

-server

-XX:+DisableExplicitGC

-Dspring.profiles.active=security-source-external,security-http-basic-marvin4js

-Dsecurity.source.location=file:/home/tomcat/.chemaxon/spring-security-source.xml

The machine has nothing else running on it, other than apache proxying to tomcat.

This works pretty well until I need to insert a bunch of structures, some relatively large (1000 mw). Then the CPU on both cores spikes to 100% and the server stops responding to requests. The memory is pretty much tapped out.

I'm wondering if I need more memory? What are your recommendations exactly?

Thanks,

Craig

ChemAxon 13811e1703

10-09-2014 07:47:46

Hi Craig,

Which method are you using for inserting structures? How many structures are there exactly? What is the format of the input? Can you send us a sample input for reproducing this?

Regards,
Peter 

User 3d3f3767a2

19-01-2015 17:21:18

plajko wrote:

Hi Craig,

Which method are you using for inserting structures? How many structures are there exactly? What is the format of the input? Can you send us a sample input for reproducing this?

Regards,
Peter 

Shoot, sorry, I meant to get back to you about this earlier.

I updated to a newer version of webservices and it seems to be stable. I also added monit to reset tomcat if CPU Usage/memory goes out of control, but it hasn't happened yet.

Thanks,
Craig