Copy/Pasting structures and data between worksheets

User 435042bac8

26-03-2012 15:51:38

I'm trying to copy and paste a row containing both data and a structure from one Excel work sheet to another.  Everything copies except the structure.  I'm using JChem for Excel 5.7.1.196 and Excel 2007.  This is something I think I should be able to do without any workarounds.  How does one do this?  Thanks

ChemAxon bd13b5bd77

26-03-2012 16:07:34

Hi,

would you like to copy structures and data inside 1 Excel instance but between two worksheets, or would you like to switch to another Excel instance?

Viktor

User 435042bac8

26-03-2012 16:14:35

My current work station allows me to use two monitors.  In order to display two Excel worksheets at the same time I need to run two instances of Excel.  One instance contains the "source" worksheet, while the other instance has the destination worksheet.  Each worksheet is displayed in their own monitor.  Does this answer your question?

Thanks.

ChemAxon bd13b5bd77

26-03-2012 16:20:21

Yes, definitely.

because Microsoft Excel does not support copy of function formulas between Excel instances in a simply way. (Our rendering feature works with custom excel functions).

Please try out to copy sheet to sheet within one instance.

If you would like to copy data between Excel instances you should use the paste as XML spreadsheet option by Excel, XML spreadhseet clipbaord format contains the formulas as well in the cells. This feature is available in the Paste Special menu.

https://www.chemaxon.com/jchem4excel/userguide/between_excel_instances.html

Viktor

User 435042bac8

26-03-2012 16:35:30

Thanks for your reply.  I can copy and paste data and structures fine between two worksheets contained in one instance of Excel.  If I try pasting as per your instructions to a spreadsheet in a second instance of Excel using the Past as XML spreadsheet, I get a message in the cell containing the structure reading: Structure record not found for hash/.   The input line for the cell has the formula: =JCSYSStructure("B3490B36CE73858B4813DB22E0CA8FC4").  Thanks for your help.  I guess I'll have to keep switching windows within one instance of Excel.