Problems with JChem for Excel 2010 when edit structure

User 511751460d

22-09-2011 05:57:02

Exception: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException
StackTrace:    在 ChemAxon.JChemExcel.COMShim.AppControlCallbackClass.BeginUpdate(String WorkbookName, String WorksheetName)
   在 ChemAxon.JChemExcel.Excel.BaseExcelApplicationAdapter.†††
†††††›(Object , Object , Object )
   在 ChemAxon.JChemExcel.Excel.BaseExcelApplicationAdapter.BeginUpdate(String workbookName, String worksheetName)
   在 ChemAxon.JChemExcel.Actions.AddEditStructureSingleCellAction.†††
††††ž‹(Object , Object , Object )
   在 ChemAxon.JChemExcel.Actions.AddEditStructureSingleCellAction.ExecuteAsynchron()

i double click a structure and  edite successfully ,but when i click the ok button,occured such an error.

ChemAxon bd13b5bd77

22-09-2011 06:23:39

Dear Lipan,

this problem can be two reasons

1. You used too long worksheet name and also not the latest version of JChemExcel is installed on your computer 5.5.1.262.

2. You have other Vendors program, like ChemOffice plugin which is agressive enough to cancel our editing mechanism.

for this you have two options to workaround:

- you disable the ChemOffice plugin

- after selecting the target cell you use right mouse click and Add/Edit context menu

instead of double click feature.

Viktor

User 511751460d

22-09-2011 08:28:25

oh my god ,this problem really caused by chemoffice plugin. thanks very much.

but there is another problem

1. if i sent a excel file to others who only installed chemoffice plugin or isis draw,they can use these soft edit the stucture(added by jchem)?

2. i created a database with instant jchem,i want export to xls file,but the structure format only be jpeg or png,which can not be edited by any chemical draw soft.

ChemAxon bd13b5bd77

22-09-2011 08:38:26

1. if i sent a excel file to others who only installed chemoffice plugin or isis draw,they can use these soft edit the stucture(added by jchem)?

JChem Excel is similar to ISIS or Symyx Excel, it draws the structures in a special way, which is not interpretable by other concurent programs.

How ever they can check you structure if you convert them to OLE, EMF, other.

Convert vs. copy to clipbaord is a smilar option, please look around there....

Convert to Image (from Structure)

http://www.chemaxon.com/jchem4excel2007/copy_to_clipboard_as_ole.html

http://www.chemaxon.com/jchem4excel2007/copy_to_clipboard_as_image.html

Converting back could also work but we do not analyse the changed OLE yet, possibly in the next version.

2. i created a database with instant jchem,i want export to xls file,but the structure format only be jpeg or png,which can not be edited by any chemical draw soft.

- OLE will also be supported soon from IJC.

Please check this demo: https://www.chemaxon.com/forum/ftopic7902.html

in 5.6 JChemExcel we start supporting JChemExcel => Word, PPT

in 5.8 the plan is to start supporting IJC => Word, PPT, Excel, JChemExcel and JChemExcel => Excel

please poll this forum I will notify the customers the status of this project.

User 511751460d

22-09-2011 09:00:33

thanks

if it is exported to sdf , can the sdf  be imported to isis base or chemfinder correctly?

ChemAxon bd13b5bd77

22-09-2011 09:08:28

Yes, SDF export-import can be a communication interface between other applciations like ISIS, Symyx

but it is not via Excel. If you think it can be a good workaround for you if you would like to transfer the chemical data and non-cehmical data that SDF standard accepts (on the Export dialog you can check in the fields you would like to export, it is worth thinking in header row for columns and data logic (as it looks like after an sdf import).