I have two problems with JChem for Excel 2007 when I attempt to Import from Database:
1. When performing a query on an Oracle connected database, with a specific qualifier (AND STRUCTURES REFERENCE = Reagents), the search returns my entire table (571 hits) vs. what should be returned (417 hits). All chemistry/general search options are left at default, and the structure window itself is empty.
The Oracle connection seems to function ok, as I can search through the tables/views and see all columns. Querries via IJC/SQL work fine.
2. When I attempt to map the results, I am given an error message:
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
The column headers are mapped, but no data. The details of the error are:
Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
StackTrace: at ChemAxon.JChemExcel.Base.ExcelMapper.AbstractExcelMapper.MapRecordBatch(IEnumerable`1 records, IStructureRecordEnumerator enumerator)
at ChemAxon.JChemExcel.Base.Controls.BackgroundWorkerPresenter.backgroundWorker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)
Any ideas about where to go from here would be great!
Which version are you using? I have tried with 5.4.1.
1. I have tried this, and I could successfully filter for a text field. In the schema I tried there were some IJC tables present, so I filtered IJC_SCHEMA GENERIC TYPE for DATATREE. It seems strange that it returns all the hits for you. Do other filter types work: filter for a numeric field, or filter using "Like"?
2. Under what circumstances do you get this exception? Mapping the results form the query above? Is that a Cartridge or JChem Base table? Do the selected columns on the left contain structure column?
I am using JChem for Excel 126.96.36.1993, and the database is Cartridge indexed.
Today the search is behaving itself (the exact same search protocol - no idea why). But the mapping still fails with the same error.
I've tried 3 different querries: filtering on the text column REFERENCE = Regents (401 hits) , filtering on calculated MOLWT < 300 column (199 hits), text column SUPPLIER Contains Aldrich (1 hit). All gave the same error when I tried to map the results. The column headers go up, and then the error is given before any data is mapped.
Yes, I have a STRUCTURE(Indexed) column selected at left.
strange. Try selecting different columns on the left, maybe some data causes the trouble in Excel.
If it does not help, we could have a look with a webex.
The Import from Database part was a bit neglected in the past (because it is not used that much), but we will include some improvements and fixes for 5.5. If these are implemented, I will let you know and you could try on a development version.
I started mapping columns one at a time, and overwriting the rows. The structure alone didn't cause an error (mapped fine). However, when trying to map a query using only the STRUCTURE(indexed), ID (number), and COMMON NAME (Varchar2), I get the error.
I'd be happy to go over this with Webex if that would be easier.
I will try to reproduce this on our side with some additional dataset. If we will not be able to reproduce the problem I will get back to you and set up the webex.
We will have the European UGM next week, so we are a bit busy at the moment, so if it is not urgent we could do this near the end of next week.
we have made some fixes related to Import from Database in version 5.5. If you have some time you could check it out in a release candidate, versioned 188.8.131.52. The mapping now should also show if encounters an exception.
We will release 5.5 sonn, if the problem still persists, we could either go for a webex.
the 5.5 version is released.
Thanks so much! I look forward to trying it out!