Exception when importing from database

User 8cbba88c0e

18-06-2010 11:42:28

Hi,

I am connecting to an Oracle database which is being used by an Instant JChem database and has a JChem cartridge. I carry out a substructure search on the indexed structure column and get a number of hits, but when I try to map the results to the spreadsheet I get an error message:

Exception: System.InvalidCastExceptionMessage: Unable to cast object of type 'oracle.sql.BLOB' to type 'System.Byte[]'.StackTrace: at ChemAxon.JChemExcel.Base.ExcelMapper.AbstractExcelMapper.MapRecordBatch(IEnumerable`1 records, IStructureRecordEnumerator enumerator)at ChemAxon.JChemExcel.Base.ExcelMapper.AbstractExcelMapper.MapRecordBatches()at ChemAxon.JChemExcel.Base.ExcelMapper.DrawingExcelMapper.Execute()at ChemAxon.JChemExcel.Base.Controls.BackgroundWorkerPresenter.backgroundWorker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

and am unable to import my results. If I search, on the indexed structure column, but bring back smiles strings rather than the structures, this is fine, but I then need to convert the smiles strings back to structures (and also need to have a smiles column in my database in the first place) - when I search in a different Oracle database that does not have an Instant JChem front end, but has an indexed column of smiles strings, the smiles strings are brought back as structures rather than smiles strings.

Is this correct that we cannot bring back structures that have been stored as BLOBS? and that non indexed smiles are brought back as strings?

Thank you,

Regards

Bob

ChemAxon 0e37943a96

18-06-2010 14:50:20

Hi Bob,

you should be able to get back structures in BLOB. Please make sure you use the latest build from 5.3.3, which is 5.3.3.165 (we had some problems with the earlier).

In order to import non-indexed SMILES, we will need to implement some advanced mapping UI, or the automatic recognition of structure strings.

Now, what you can do is to convert the imported SMILES, with the "From SMILES" button.

Best regards,

Tamas.

ChemAxon 0e37943a96

20-10-2010 08:36:00

Hi Bob,

this should be fixed by now.

Regards,

Tamas.