JDBC error for structure searching using Jchem for excel

User 6322e04060

11-12-2009 15:15:46

Dear Chemaxon.

When using jchem for excel(1.1.2) to connect to our oracle database(10g), we are experiencing JDBC error issues searching the structure database.

I can create connection from Jchem tab , view all the tables but when we hit the search button(after adding the satructure, i get following message.

Thanks,

Wajahat

xception: java.sql.SQLException
StackTrace:    at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(String , Properties , ClassLoader )
   at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(String url, String user, String password, CallerID )
   at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(String url, String user, String password)
   at ChemAxon.JChemExcel.IKVM.Data.OracleJDBCDriver.CreateConnection(IConnectionInfo connectionInfo)
   at ChemAxon.JChemExcel.IKVM.Data.JDBCDataProviderFactory.CreateConnection(IConnectionInfo ci)
   at ChemAxon.JChemExcel.IKVM.Search.JChemBaseSearchMethod.CreateSearchSession(SearchModel model)
   at ChemAxon.JChemExcel.Search.SearchPresenter.Search()
   at ChemAxon.JChemExcel.Search.SearchPresenter.SearchClicked()

ChemAxon 0e37943a96

11-12-2009 16:41:37

Dear Wahajat,

I would recommend using the Basic connection type, that should definitely work. You can look up the connection parameters from the TNSNAMES.ORA file.

Certain Oracle clients have this problem with the JDBC driver, when used with TNS connections.

In the future  we would like to investigate more on this issue, and exactly under what circumstances (with which versions) it occurs. Later versions of JChem for Excel would also use .NET data providers, so it will not have JDBC related problems.

Best regards,

Tamas.

User 6322e04060

11-12-2009 16:55:06

Thanks for the quick response.

I am getting this error now.

Exception: System.ArgumentException
StackTrace:    at ChemAxon.JChemExcel.Base.Schema.Oracle.AbstractOracleSchemaProvider.FillSchema()
   at ChemAxon.JChemExcel.Base.Search.DatabaseSchemaModel.FillSchema(ConnectionInfoDatabasePair cidp)
   at ChemAxon.JChemExcel.Search.DatabaseTree.DatabaseTreePresenter.FillSchema(ConnectionInfoDatabasePair cidp)

User 6322e04060

11-12-2009 17:21:08

Dear Chemaxon,

Please ignore my previous email. I see following error when i hit search button

Exception: chemaxon.jchem.db.DatabaseSearchException
Message: The structure table contains newer data version that this program version can handle. Please use a later version.
StackTrace:    at ChemAxon.JChemExcel.IKVM.Search.JChemBaseSearchSession.SearchIDs()
   at ChemAxon.JChemExcel.IKVM.Search.JChemBaseSearchSession.Execute()
   at ChemAxon.JChemExcel.Base.Controls.BackgroundWorkerPresenter.backgroundWorker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

Thanks, Wajahat

ChemAxon 0e37943a96

13-12-2009 12:27:40

Dear Wajahat,

sorry for misspelling your name in the previous mail.

If you have JChem Cartridge installed, please select "JChem Cartridge" in the Search Type field.  Later we will make this the default, if the table is JChem Base table, and also has JChem Cartridge indexes.

If you have JChem Base databases, please wait until we release 1.1.3 which is using the 5.2.6 API, so you will be able to search with that.

I was unaware that the version of API (5.2.5.1) we are using in JChem for Excel, is unable to search JChem Base tables versioned 5.2.6, we will try to find a solution for this in the future.

Best regards,
Tamas.

User 6322e04060

21-12-2009 19:29:18

Dear Tamas,

Thank you for your response.

We upgraded to  Jchem for excel 1.1.3 and we can search Jchem base table. However, when we select more than one table,  other table gets deselected. Is there a way to select more than one table and create a join between different tables and add filters to the set of tables in our query.  Most of these tables will be our own custom tables in addition to Jchem base table. 

Regards,

Wajahat

ChemAxon 0e37943a96

23-12-2009 06:45:36

Dear Wajahat,

searching in related tables will be added in 1.2. If a table has a foreign key set in the database it will be listed in the query grid, and you will be able to specify a filter for it.

You will also be able to insert related data to the sheet:

In later (1.3) releases, we also plan:

Best regards,

Tamas.