BUG

User f006038a17

26-10-2009 07:57:49

Dear Chemaxon,

I have a problem when I open an excel file containing Chemaxon data (structures). Each time, a error message appears with the following message:

"Could not load settings!"

The details give me the following data:

Exception: System.FormatException
StackTrace:    à System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
   à System.Number.ParseSingle(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)
   à System.Single.Parse(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
   à ChemAxon.JChemExcel.Base.ExtensionMethods.XmlExtensions.GetNullableSingleAttribute(XmlNode node, String name)
   à ChemAxon.JChemExcel.Base.Settings.XmlFileDocumentSettingsProvider.CreateFont(XmlNode node)
   à ChemAxon.JChemExcel.Base.Settings.XmlFileDocumentSettingsProvider.SetRangeSettings(RangeSettings rangeSettings, XmlNode node)
   à ChemAxon.JChemExcel.Base.Settings.XmlFileDocumentSettingsProvider.SetSettingsFromXml(String xml)
   à ChemAxon.JChemExcel.Base.Settings.AbstractXmlFileSettingsProvider.LoadSettings() 

What can I do to repair it?

Thanks for your help

ChemAxon 0e37943a96

26-10-2009 12:58:26

Hi,

could you please post your settings file from the following location?

XP:

Documents and Settings\<User Name>\AppData\ChemAxon\JChem for Excel\Settings.xml

Vista:

Users\<User Name>\AppData\Roaming\ChemAxon\JChem for Excel\Settings.xml

It seems JChem for Excel has a problem reading it.

Regards,

Tamas.

User f006038a17

28-10-2009 07:03:21

Dear Tamas,

Following your instructions, I have post my setting file.

Sincerely

Bostonman

ChemAxon 0e37943a96

28-10-2009 08:39:18

Dear Bostonman,

I could reproduce the bug with French regional settings. The problem is that it tries to save the font size with 9.75 instead of 10.

We will fix this issue for the next release.

In the meantime you can fix it in the following way:

1. Open up options.

2. Go to Formatting\Data

3. Change the Font size from 9.75 to 10, by manually typing it in on the right. If you select it with the Font selector it will switch to 9.75 again.

4. Restart Excel.

Regards,

Tamas.