v1.1.2 not working with MySQL/Office 2007?

User 596f3ef229

01-10-2009 06:23:06

I am running JChem for excel v1.1.2 in Excel 2007 on Windows 7 RTM (ie the full enterprise release from MS Technet).

JChem for Excel loads fine (faster than the old version) and I can establish a connection to our MySQL database and browse the schema. I noticed your "known issues" specify that MySQL does not support queries with additional data, which I assume means anything other than structure is not supported.

I can draw a simple structure in the "import from database" dialog and select the table columns I wish to import. The problem is that when I click "search", I get an error stating that "XX.JChemProperties doesn't exist" where XX is that schema name.

Any ideas on fixing this issue? I might try the same thing from windows xp/Office 2003.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that when I draw a structure, the dialog has recognised the schema as "JChem Base" in the "search method".

ChemAxon 0e37943a96

02-10-2009 08:16:41

Hi,

first of all I am glad to hear that JChem for Excel works on Windows 7, we actually have not tested that yet.

How did you create the database?Did you copy from another schema? If you create it with JChem Manager, it will create that table for you.

There should be a JCHEMPROPERTIES table in the schema. At the moment we do not check the existence of this table, only whether the selected table is a valid JChem Base table. We could add this verification in the future.

Tamas.

User 596f3ef229

02-10-2009 09:43:36

Yes it works fine under Win7 - except for the database connection to our server database. Our database is part of an IJC enterprise installation accessed by numerous users all day, every day with the JWS client and shared projects with tomcat urls.

IJC is still working fine - I even updated JWS IJC to 3.0.1 today. All good.

It's just that when I try to "import from database", it says the jchemproperties doesn't exist. It does exist and it is called JCHEMPROPERTIES. IJC functionality works as normal.

I will test a bit more to isolate the issue - using Win XP and Office 2003/2007 combinations. I have not retried the import since upgrading IJC to 3.0.1 today.

ChemAxon 0e37943a96

02-10-2009 11:29:35

Hi,

we will have a look at this problem, and make it work. The closer collaboration with IJC is also high on our feature list.

Tamas.

ChemAxon 0e37943a96

19-01-2011 05:01:25

Hi,

this issue was fixed in version 1.1.3. JChem for Excel did not recognize JChemProperties table in databases with case sensitive settings.

Regards,

Tamas.