JChem Functions Install

User fd4af72735

05-05-2009 14:20:59

I'm having a bit of trouble installing the functions part of the add in. The actual add in itself installed fine, but when I check the install box for the functions, this is what I get.

Any ideas how to get around this? Thanks in advance

ChemAxon bd13b5bd77

05-05-2009 15:40:19

Have you tried to uninstall the previous version of JChem4XL?

It seems that Excel kept references to the old one.

Now the new name of COM Addin is JChemExcel JchemExcelAddin, only this one should be among COM Addins as checked(piped).

JChemExcel functions should appear among automation addins (Excel addins).

My proposal would be to please uninstall the product fully, then start Excel and check both Excel addins and COM Addins, take out all JChem4XL references if they still exist and close Excel.

Install JChem4Excel again to get your registry updated and afterwards please navigate to Excel settings/Addins:

1. Please select COM Addins from the combo on the bottom of the page and press Go
    The dialog will be appeared with selected (added) COM Addins, please add and select
    JChemExcel JchemExcelAddin to the list.

2. Please select Excel addins from the combo of the page and press Go.
    Another dialog will be displayed for automation addins, pelase select (pipe)
    Jchemexcel Functions in the list or if it is not added please add it to the used automation
    addins using the Automation button.

If the problem still persists please contact us again.

User fd4af72735

05-05-2009 18:11:59

hamoriviktor wrote:

Have you tried to uninstall the previous version of JChem4XL?

It seems that Excel kept references to the old one.

Now the new name of COM Addin is JChemExcel JchemExcelAddin, only this one should be among COM Addins as checked(piped).

JChemExcel functions should appear among automation addins (Excel addins).

My proposal would be to please uninstall the product fully, then start Excel and check both Excel addins and COM Addins, take out all JChem4XL references if they still exist and close Excel.

Install JChem4Excel again to get your registry updated and afterwards please navigate to Excel settings/Addins:

1. Please select COM Addins from the combo on the bottom of the page and press Go
    The dialog will be appeared with selected (added) COM Addins, please add and select
    JChemExcel JchemExcelAddin to the list.

2. Please select Excel addins from the combo of the page and press Go.
    Another dialog will be displayed for automation addins, pelase select (pipe)
    Jchemexcel Functions in the list or if it is not added please add it to the used automation
    addins using the Automation button.

If the problem still persists please contact us again.

No luck. I click OK and nothing happens. When I go back into the Add-In install, it shows the error I have.

ChemAxon bd13b5bd77

06-05-2009 08:38:12

Could you please follow these steps to give another try to repair Jchem4xl functions:

User fd4af72735

06-05-2009 13:08:38

That worked- thanks so much! I had no idea that it should have been under the Excel Add-Ins, not the COM Add-Ins.

ChemAxon bd13b5bd77

07-05-2009 08:27:09

That is great you managed to get it working!

In the next release we need to update the user guide accordingly, since the addins have slightly changed by now, the current user guide in the installer might be confusing in terms of installation steps.