Excel installer

User d67ddc364e

02-03-2009 10:52:37

Dear all,

Does anyone know where and if the installation file to implement jchem formulas into excel can be found? I have read several announcements about such a program but so far was not able to find out how to actually install it. 

Thanks!

ChemAxon 0e37943a96

02-03-2009 16:13:51

Dear Rieuwert,

I have posted a sticky note with the download location.

Regards,

Tamas.

User d67ddc364e

02-03-2009 16:46:58

Dear Tamas,

Thanks, I have tried it out and ran into some known issues but otherwise it runs fine. Does it suppose to include functions (such as STDEV, but than JCMASS or so) as well or are these not built in yet? I was not able to find them so far. 

Best regards,

Rieuwert

ChemAxon 0e37943a96

02-03-2009 16:52:36

Dear Rieuwert,

the functions should be included. However you have to add the function library manually as described in the User Guide.

Regards,

Tamas.

User d67ddc364e

03-03-2009 07:51:21

Great, I better read that first then :)

Quote:
Dear Rieuwert,

the functions should be included. However you have to add the function library manually as described in the User Guide.

Regards,

Tamas.

User d67ddc364e

03-03-2009 08:13:22

Couple of issues to report:

- When selecting in excel the tab "JChem" and then "help" , nothing happens, same with "about".

- When clicking "import from file" in the toolbar and then import an mrv file, it is not displayed correctly and any editing or resizing of the row results in an error message; 

A runtime error has occurred / do you wish to debug

Line: 42 / Error: Object expected.

Line: 12 / 'document.MSketch' is null or not an object

It will also give these errors if I try to draw a structure in a cell on a newly opened sheet.

Windows XP Professional (SP2)(English) / Office 2003 (SP2)(English).

User 2ddf1d2229

03-03-2009 12:06:53

Same as Rieuwert, I also get an error when tryging to add a structure (see attached screenshots). This is on a Windows XP Sp3 + Office 2003 SP3 machine - let me know if you need me to try anything!

KR,

Andy

ChemAxon 6e93227fcc

03-03-2009 13:23:34

Hi,

The error you get is a javascript error. You can avoid this if you go to Internet Explorer->Tools->Internet Options->Advanced.Then make sure you check "Disable script debugging (Internet Explorer)" and you can also check "Disable script debugging (Other)".

Anyway we will check and fix the javascript error or at least suppress it.

I think even if you make the above setting the molecule editor will still not work properly.

Can you also tell us what version of IE you have installed on your computers?

Calin.

User d67ddc364e

03-03-2009 13:59:30

Okay, followed the instructions but then I get these instead of the other error messages: 

It will also give these errors if I want to resize any column or row in any excel sheet, also those containing nothing or just numbers. But only if I resize by using double-click on the row or column to auto-size it.

This is the report called exception that I get after the latest errors:

Exception: System.ArgumentNullException

Message: String reference not set to an instance of a String.

Parameter name: s

StackTrace:    at System.Text.Encoding.GetBytes(String s)

at ChemAxon.JChemExcel.Base.Helper.MD5HashProvider.CreateHash(String value)

at ChemAxon.JChemExcel.Base.StructureMapper.StructureSheetStrategy.MapStructure(Structure structure, WorkbookRangeIndex workbookRangeIndex)

at ChemAxon.JChemExcel.Actions.AddEditStructureAction.MapStructureInsertImage(Structure structure, WorkbookRangeIndex workbookRangeIndex)

at ChemAxon.JChemExcel.Actions.AddEditStructureAction.Execute()

And to answer your question, I am using Internet Explorer 7.

But I am very happy about the fact that I found the way to implement the functions into excel by going to add-ins and then automation, here you can add the chemaxon strings into the add-in list. As I mentioned, with me at least, help does not respond so this might be useful to some people.

Best regards,Rieuwert

User 2ddf1d2229

03-03-2009 14:55:05

...still the same errors for me I'm afraid. IE version is 7.0.5730.13 (also Java SE 1.6.0_07 if that helps!).

KR,

Andy

ChemAxon 6e93227fcc

03-03-2009 14:59:05

Hi,

I checked and it is a problem with installer. It seems there are some missing files in applet folder. I will fix it soon and I will let you know when is fixed.

Calin.

User 2ddf1d2229

03-03-2009 16:04:46

...thanks Calin, we look forward to it...

ChemAxon 6e93227fcc

03-03-2009 16:21:51

Hi,

I published again the installer. First you have to uninstall your current version (from add/remove programs) then download again the .msi and install it.

Calin.

User 2ddf1d2229

03-03-2009 16:44:55

Looks good to me! Thanks for the quick work...

ChemAxon 0e37943a96

03-03-2009 18:44:42

Dear All,

It seems that a new development version was available for download. We will replace it with the correct version.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Tamas.

User d67ddc364e

04-03-2009 11:34:58

Thanks for the new version, it is certainly a big improvement. Some things are still not quite operational so it seems:

-Help and about do not open

-Structures are only displayed when the cell it is in has it's original size or when I hover over them for a second or so with the mouse (upon scrolling this has to be repeated for the structure has than dissapeared again) This is only a visual thing though.

-Only 1 structure per worksheet can be imported (using "import from file")? After that I get a blinking red exclamation mark saying "sheet is not empty". If there is a way to work around this that would be great. 

- When adding/editing a structure in a cell a message pops up saying "please install JRE in order to run the Marvin applet". However, the applet will open anyway after clicking this away. I do have JRE installed. 

ChemAxon 0e37943a96

04-03-2009 14:09:59

Hi,

thanks for the observations. The release is actually an older but "stable" version.

Quote:
Thanks for the new version, it is certainly a big improvement. Some things are still not quite operational so it seems:

-Help and about do not open

-Structures are only displayed when the cell it is in has it's original size or when I hover over them for a second or so with the mouse (upon scrolling this has to be repeated for the structure has than dissapeared again) This is only a visual thing though.

-Only 1 structure per worksheet can be imported (using "import from file")? After that I get a blinking red exclamation mark saying "sheet is not empty". If there is a way to work around this that would be great. 

- When adding/editing a structure in a cell a message pops up saying "please install JRE in order to run the Marvin applet". However, the applet will open anyway after clicking this away. I do have JRE installed. 

We store structure images in cell comments at the moment. If the "Show Structure" toggle button is pressed, the structures should be visible. If not pressed, the structures are only visible if you hover over the cells.

We are working on the other issues.

Tamas.

User d67ddc364e

04-03-2009 15:06:19

In my description, the "show structure" button was pressed on actually, when I press it off, no structure will be there at all, also not on hovering over the cell.

Also, with "show structure" on, the structure can only be seen as long as it stays on screen, if I scroll to lower cells and then go back, it will be gone again. It will only be there as long as I have it visually on the screen after having it revealed by a mouse-over. It is somewhat difficult to describe but I hope you get some useful information out of this :)
Quote:

Hi,

thanks for the observations. The release is actually an older but "stable" version.

We store structure images in cell comments at the moment. If the "Show Structure" toggle button is pressed, the structures should be visible. If not pressed, the structures are only visible if you hover over the cells.

We are working on the other issues.

Tamas.

ChemAxon 0e37943a96

05-03-2009 12:15:36

We could not reproduce this problem.

For us the scrolling does not effect the structure display under Office 2003.

Would it be possible for you to record a screencast (we could not really see the problem from screenshots only),

or maybe we could set up a Webex next week if you have time.

Tamas.

User d67ddc364e

05-03-2009 13:59:14

Hehe great fun, I set on to record a screencast and as soon as I started the recording, the whole thing functioned normally! So there is nothing to show I'm afraid, a webex meeting would solve this but I suspect it is a video driver thing. I will try to solve that first. It sometimes also happens in MS Word, that pictures are not displayed correctly, so it might be a more genaral thing. I'll keep you posted.