JChem for Office Word installation issue

User d9549dae75

28-10-2016 09:11:13

Hi

I have installed JChem for Office and its showing up in Excel, but its not loading in Word.  If I go to the Coms add-ins screen I get the attached error.

Any help would be gratefully received.

ChemAxon a3dda216df

28-10-2016 12:08:32

Hi Gary,

How did you process installation? Locally on one computer or remote to several other computers?

Please, send us your Windows, Office versions.

Since 16.9.26 JChem for Office installs an enhanced logging tool, which can help you to fix this issue. Which version of JC4O are you using? If it's included in your version you can find it in

C:\Program Files\ChemAxon\Tools\Diagnostic Tool

in case of 64-bit Office

or

C:\Program Files (x86)\ChemAxon\Tools\Diagnostic Tool

in case of 32-bit Office. You can start the application by double-clicking on the .exe file, but I can give you more information about it if it's installed on your machine.

Regards,

Anna

User d9549dae75

28-10-2016 13:18:17

Hi Anna

I found the diagnostic tool and we are running JChem for Office 16.10.1000.1215 and I have tried the latest version too.  We also have Office 2007.  After running the tool, clicking on validation, then validate, it said there was a registry error which I selected fix and the rebooted.  After the reboot I tried it again and its still not working.

On the three machines I have it installed, all three were local installs rather than remote and I have the same issue on two of them.  All three machines are Windows 7.

I hope I've attached the log files for you.

Gary

ChemAxon def2724101

28-10-2016 13:59:09

Hi Gary,

thanks a lot for the log files! I have downloaded the attached package and of course we will investigate the log files. Hopefully they can help us to find out what could cause the problem reported by you.

Best regards,

Zsolt

ChemAxon def2724101

02-11-2016 16:48:07

Hi Gary,

the problem has been solved by installing the VSTO redistibutable package and by installing the same JChem for Office and Marvin Beans version on the computer.

Best regards,

Zsolt