#NAME? in Structure

User 5e559c4c56

27-10-2015 12:33:48

Just did a fresh install of Win 7, Office 2010 and JChem Office in a trial computer.  When I convert a text to structure, I get the #NAME? in all the structure.   I checked and notice there was a JChemExcelFunction in the COM so I removed it.   The attached is what I have for Add ins.  Yet I still see #NAME?  

Any idea?  

ChemAxon 990acf0dec

27-10-2015 13:56:24

Hi Jeanne,

Having JChemExcelFunctions both as an Excel AddIn and as a COM Addin is OK in most of the cases, but it should not be a problem that you had removed it as a COM Add-in.

On the other hand, I see that the CXNSharedAddin, the JChemExcel Functions (as an Excel add-in) and the Jcfunctions add-ins are not active. For the proper behavior of JChem for Excel and its functions, you should have the following Addins active (after using the first JChem action, e.g. "From 'any' text"):

COM Add-ins:

- CXNSharedAddin

- JChemExcel JChemExcelAddin

Excel Add-ins:

- Jcfunctions

- JChemExcel Functions

Like this:

- To activate the CXNSharedAddin as a COM Add-in:

1. File > Options > Add-Ins > select the COM Add-ins in the manage combo box > Go...

2. Select the checkbox next to CXNSharedAddin > OK

- To activate the JChemExcel Functions as an Excel Add-in:

1. File > Options > Add-Ins > select the Excel Add-ins in the manage combo box > Go...

2a. Select the checkbox next to JChemExcel Functions > OK

2b. If the JChemExcel Functions item does not exists in the list, then click Automation

3b. Select JChemExcel Functions from the list, then click OK

- To activate the Jcfunctions as an Excel Add-in:

1. File > Options > Add-Ins > select the Excel Add-ins in the manage combo box > Go...

2a. Select the checkbox next to Jcfunctions > OK

2b. If the Jcfunctions item does not exists in the list, then click Browse

3b. Browse to C:\Program Files\ChemAxon\JChem for Excel\JCFunctions.xla, select it, then click OK

(3b-b. Browse to C:\Program Files (x86)\ChemAxon\JChem for Excel\JCFunctions.xla, select it, then click OK)

After the above steps please restart Excel.

I hope this will fix all issues you have.

Best regards,

Akos

User 5e559c4c56

27-10-2015 16:55:01

Thanks!.  It is working now.

User 8688ffe688

24-11-2015 17:47:37

The above solution does not solve the problem in Windows 7 Pro, Office 2013 32bit.

ChemAxon a3dda216df

25-11-2015 13:45:50

Please, check the following registry settings, if these are set to 3:

-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > Microsoft > Office >
Excel > Addins > JChemExcel.JChemExcelAddin > LoadBehavior

-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > Microsoft > Office > Excel > Addins > JChemExcel.Functions > LoadBehavior

-HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Microsoft > Office >

-HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Microsoft > Office > Excel > Addins > JChemExcel.Functions > LoadBehavior

Let me know, if you need any assistance in this.

Regards,

Anna

User 8688ffe688

02-12-2015 19:42:29

-HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Microsoft > Office >

registry key is missing

User 8688ffe688

02-12-2015 19:50:13

Under Excel Add-ins No JChem Add-ins are listed.

ChemAxon 990acf0dec

03-12-2015 07:51:54

Hi Matt,

So you have it under the LOCAL_MACHINE, but not under the CURRENT_USER? Or is it missing from both locations?

Do you have 32-bit or 64-bit Office? If 32-bit, please also check the following folder:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Office\Excel\Addins

Thank you!

Akos