Inserting structures and editing them in PowerPoint

User 012e8251a1

26-01-2015 20:57:04

I am experiencing several issues related to resizing of structures when working in PowerPoint with Jchem for Office. 

I'm using PowerPoint 2013 on a Windows 8.1 machine, and my structure editing in PowerPoint is not working correctly. Clicking on "Add" under the Jchem tab does open a Marvin window, but upon editing the structure and clicking "OK" the structure is resized to an extremely small size. Upon expanding the surrounding box to give a bigger structure, the structure extends beyond the boundary of the picture. If there are two or more structures the structures are cut in half at the border. I've tried resizing in a number of ways.

In addition the box surrounding the outer borders extend far above and below the smaller box that surrounds the structures; if there are three or more structures in a drawing the box extends far beyond the boundary of the slides.

Thanks for any help.

ChemAxon bd13b5bd77

26-01-2015 21:14:33

Hi Ron,

thank you for the report.

Can we have a look at your issue on a screen share meeting?

Thanks,

Viktor

User 012e8251a1

26-01-2015 21:20:37

Absolutely. Thanks for the quick response.

Ron

ChemAxon bd13b5bd77

27-01-2015 16:48:53

Hi Ron,

thank you for the meeting yesterday.

Together we have encountered two issues here:

- dpi (font size issue) caused cut off on the molecule,

the Marvin is working on this very hard recently as a high priority issue (other customers also reported similar thing)

- empty spaces around structure in JChem for PowerPoint ,

JC4Office team will try to bring a solution to you for the newly added structures to eliminate the room around the structures. Our estimate is the next week release.

Forwarding your dpi molecule / cut off issue to the Marvin team.

Best regards,

Viktor

ChemAxon d26931946c

09-02-2015 15:12:14

Hi Ron,

I would like to inform you that 15.2.9 will contain several fixes related to our bounding box calculation.

The release will be available later this week.

Please let us know whether this release solves all of your issues.

BRs,

Peter

User 012e8251a1

13-02-2015 21:06:19

These issues have been resolved with the lastest release, as far as I am concerned. Thanks for your help!

Ron