How to suppress (v1)?

User 1ccd233681

30-05-2014 16:35:54

If I enter *[H] into a cell and convert from SMILES, the resulting structure is shown as "A(v1)" Is there anyway I can suppress the (v1) from showing in JChem for Excel?

ChemAxon bd13b5bd77

02-06-2014 12:02:52

Hi Josh,

I think this is not a JChem for Excel specific issue, let me forward this topic to the Core team.

Peter,

could you please investigate it?

Viktor

ChemAxon bd13b5bd77

02-06-2014 16:44:09

Hi Josh,

with Peter we checked the issue, and from molecule representation side the data contains a valid structures as you would like to have.

The "problem" is in the visualization part you can workaround if you set the the visualization of Explicit hydrogens to true,

please see it in the options (picture below attached):

User 1ccd233681

10-06-2014 13:42:33

hamoriviktor wrote:

Hi Josh,

with Peter we checked the issue, and from molecule representation side the data contains a valid structures as you would like to have.

The "problem" is in the visualization part you can workaround if you set the the visualization of Explicit hydrogens to true,

please see it in the options (picture below attached):

Thanks for the response. I understand that this isn't a true problem, but only an artifact of the visualization. The solution of tunring on Explicit hydrogens does not satisfy me since I do not want to see explicit hydrogens for any other structures expect the case where the entire structure *is* hydrogen. For clarity I am displaying a R-Group decomposition table and some entries in the table contain only a simple Hydrogen substituent. The user gets confused if he sees "A(v1)" since that has no meaning to the end user. Showing explicit hydrogens for all molecules also is not acceptable to the end user.

I was looking for a solution somewhere in the middle, but it sounds like it is an all-or-nothing situation.

Thanks,

--Josh

ChemAxon bd13b5bd77

10-06-2014 14:31:18

Since when this was implemented the things might have changed, so we need to consolidate/revise this setting ...

Thank you for the feedback.

Viktor

ChemAxon 990acf0dec

10-06-2014 15:51:38

Hi Josh,

Please try the following option-combination in the Structure Display settings:

- Hydrogens > Explicit Hydrogens : True

&

- Preferences - Bonds > Aromatic Bonds as Discrete Double Bonds : False

This should do the job, since it will display the drawn (explicit) hydrogens, and will not convert the implicit hydrogens to explicit ones (see attachment).

Thanks,

Akos