No structure appearing in cell

User 57697567ef

27-05-2014 09:14:54

Hi ChemAxon,

I'm trying to get familiar with your JChem for Excel, and I'm having a very basic problem: No structures are appearing in the cells of the excel sheet! I have tried pushing the 'show/hid'-button, the 'Structures'-button and tried different ways of importing structures, such as drawing them myself creating a JCSYSStructure and importing a SMILES-file. Nothing works! Clearly, there is some information in the cell, because there is text in the function line above the cells.

Do you have any good suggestions how I can solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Anne Marie

ChemAxon bd13b5bd77

27-05-2014 22:16:17

Hi Anne Marie,

do you have any unexpected in the cells? like #Name?

Could you please send us some screen shots?

Thanks,

Viktor

User 57697567ef

29-05-2014 08:53:05

Hi Viktor,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I don't see any error messages or anything, just no structure! I have attached a screen shot of how it looks. It is the same whether or not I push the Show/Hide-button.

Cheers,

Anne Marie

ChemAxon bd13b5bd77

02-06-2014 16:51:41

Hi Anne Marie,

could we do a screen share meeting tomorrow or day after tomorrow?

I would like to get more information from your environment but via mail or forum is more complicated than doing it on line, could you please help?

Please email me directly on the [email protected].

Thanks,

Viktor

User 6acec2ce34

30-10-2014 14:23:43

hamoriviktor wrote:

Hi Anne Marie,

could we do a screen share meeting tomorrow or day after tomorrow?

I would like to get more information from your environment but via mail or forum is more complicated than doing it on line, could you please help?

Please email me directly on the [email protected].

Thanks,

Viktor

Hi:

i also met this issue when i export data to excel from instant jchem, and attached is my issue screen, so can you help me to resolve this issue or tell me what should i do?

excel version: 2013

instant jchem version:14.10.13.0

jchem for excel version:6.1.3.739

User 57697567ef

30-10-2014 14:33:20

Hi wanga18408,

For me, the problem was that I lacked the Windows 7 Service Pack 1.

Here are some useful links that was provided to me from the ChemAxon support crew. I hope this will solve your problem.

Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/learn-how-to-install-windows-7-service-pack-1-sp1 />
You can install it manually based on this article:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/179113/eng

Best,

Anne Marie

ChemAxon bd13b5bd77

30-10-2014 14:42:34

First of all thank you, Anna Marie for sharing this infromation with others.

Hi Evan (wanga18408),

in 6.3.1 of JChem for Office (Excel) the  Office 2013 was not supported yet.

So please upgrade your JChem for Excel to 14.10.13 to make IJC and JC4XL synched.

Thank you,

Viktor

User 6acec2ce34

30-10-2014 15:05:20

KB2012 wrote:

Hi wanga18408,

For me, the problem was that I lacked the Windows 7 Service Pack 1.

Here are some useful links that was provided to me from the ChemAxon support crew. I hope this will solve your problem.

Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/learn-how-to-install-windows-7-service-pack-1-sp1 />
You can install it manually based on this article:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/179113/eng

Best,

Anne Marie

Thanks for your help and now my OS is window 8.1 so i can't use this solution, but thank you all the same, have a nice day :)

ChemAxon bd13b5bd77

30-10-2014 15:14:13

[Thanks for your help and now my OS is window 8.1 so i can't use this solution, but thank you all the same, have a nice day :)]

your solution is possibly what I write down above:

[So please upgrade your JChem for Excel to 14.10.13 to make IJC and JC4XL synched.]

Viktor

User 6acec2ce34

30-10-2014 15:30:39

hamoriviktor wrote:

[Thanks for your help and now my OS is window 8.1 so i can't use this solution, but thank you all the same, have a nice day :)]

[So please upgrade your JChem for Excel to 14.10.13 to make IJC and JC4XL synched.]

Viktor

Yes, now i'm try to download this version and export again, besides,i have license about jc for excel 6.1, if i install the version 14.10.13, is this license can use or i should update it or buy it again?

thanks very much

Best regards: )

ChemAxon bd13b5bd77

30-10-2014 16:08:11

I think you do not need to purchase the license again.

Please double check it with your sales contact though. If you have 1 year license that it should be okay since 6.1.3 was released lat year around October.

User 6acec2ce34

05-11-2014 00:07:07

hamoriviktor wrote:

Viktor

Dear Viktor:

Thanks for your kindly help, i have upgraded to JC4XL 14.10.27 and the structure field can show correctly, but the other fields can not display, when i change these field's font colour to black then it can display, so i want ask how can i setup or configure the font colour when export to excel from instant jchem: )

Best regards: )

Evan

User 6acec2ce34

05-11-2014 00:15:16

hamoriviktor wrote:

I think you do not need to purchase the license again.

Please double check it with your sales contact though. If you have 1 year license that it should be okay since 6.1.3 was released lat year around October.

Dear Viktor:

As your suggestion, when i use the latest JC4XL 14.10.27 and license version is 6.1.3, i can not import data from excel to instant jchem, attached is the screen and detail information, so can you help me what should i do to fix the issue?

Best Regards: )

ChemAxon bd13b5bd77

05-11-2014 08:37:38

Hi Evan,

I think your posts belongs to the IJC team, please post these also to here:

https://www.chemaxon.com/forum/forum62.html

In the meantime I will notify the IJC team internally.

Viktor

ChemAxon 26d92e5dcd

05-11-2014 11:01:37

Hi Evan,

there have been changes in licensing of Document to Structure and Structure to Document functionality and some calculator plugins. Now, they are separate. This change happened over course of time between IJC 6.3.x to 14.x. 

IJC was checking this licensing incorrectly before, so we fixed that and also compensated for the licensing changes.

Could you please check that you indeed have the "Document to Structure" entry in your license file? If you have older license file, then it is possible that it does not have this entry yet. In that case this should be solved together with the licensing support team and sales, so that you get updated license file.

Wishing all the best

David (IJC)

User 6acec2ce34

06-11-2014 17:57:22

dpech wrote:

Hi Evan,

there have been changes in licensing of Document to Structure and Structure to Document functionality and some calculator plugins. Now, they are separate. This change happened over course of time between IJC 6.3.x to 14.x. 

IJC was checking this licensing incorrectly before, so we fixed that and also compensated for the licensing changes.

Could you please check that you indeed have the "Document to Structure" entry in your license file? If you have older license file, then it is possible that it does not have this entry yet. In that case this should be solved together with the licensing support team and sales, so that you get updated license file.

Wishing all the best

David (IJC)

Dear David:

Thanks for your help, i have check my JC4XL license, attached is the license detail screen,is this means i don't have the "Document to structure" entry? if it is, how can i fix this issue? update my license? looking forward your response.

ChemAxon bd13b5bd77

06-11-2014 18:07:51

Hi Evan,

forwarded your question to David re Doc2S licesne.

Hi David,

could you please help Evan in terms of the Doc to
Structure license?

https://www.chemaxon.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12751&amp%3bstart=0

Thank you,

Viktor

Viktor

ChemAxon a3dda216df

07-11-2014 09:31:46

wanga18408 wrote:

dpech wrote:

Hi Evan,

Wishing all the best

David (IJC)

Dear David:

Thanks for your help, i have check my JC4XL license, attached is the license detail screen,is this means i don't have the "Document to structure" entry? if it is, how can i fix this issue? update my license? looking forward your response.

Hi Evan,

It looks like you don't have a Doc 2 Structure license, because there is no green pipe beside the product's name. So, based on the screenshot you've sent you have

Marvin Beans, Instant JChem, JChem for Excel and JChem for Office licenses.

If you would like to purchase a Document to Structure license, please, contact your sales representative: Douglas Drake (I will inform him directly as well):

ddrake _at_ chemaxon.com

(Please note, that currently you have a simple desktop IJC license. If you would like to use e.g direct IJC import in JChem for Excel/Office you would need an IJC Enterprise license. You can read more about these functionalities here:

https://www.chemaxon.com/jchem4office/userguide/selecting_source.html

https://www.chemaxon.com/jchem4excel/userguide/selecting_source_for_import.html

https://www.chemaxon.com/jchem4excel/userguide/import_from_ijc_database.html

Hope this helps, but let me know, if you have further questions.

Anna

ChemAxon bd13b5bd77

07-11-2014 10:53:17

Hi Anna,

I already asked David and Doug to help Evan in terms of the license.

Viktor

User 6acec2ce34

08-11-2014 11:09:19

aforro wrote:

wanga18408 wrote:

dpech wrote:

Hi Evan,

Wishing all the best

David (IJC)

Dear David:

Hi Evan,

It looks like you don't have a Doc 2 Structure license, because there is no green pipe beside the product's name. So, based on the screenshot you've sent you have

Marvin Beans, Instant JChem, JChem for Excel and JChem for Office licenses.

If you would like to purchase a Document to Structure license, please, contact your sales representative: Douglas Drake (I will inform him directly as well):

ddrake _at_ chemaxon.com

(Please note, that currently you have a simple desktop IJC license. If you would like to use e.g direct IJC import in JChem for Excel/Office you would need an IJC Enterprise license. You can read more about these functionalities here:

https://www.chemaxon.com/jchem4office/userguide/selecting_source.html

https://www.chemaxon.com/jchem4excel/userguide/selecting_source_for_import.html

https://www.chemaxon.com/jchem4excel/userguide/import_from_ijc_database.html

Hope this helps, but let me know, if you have further questions.

Anna

Dear Anna:

Thanks for your kindly help, i have received D.Drake's mail but i can not reply him with some internet error,so i have below questions:

1,If i wanna import record include struture fields from JC4XL to IJC,all i need is D2C's license or still need others license?

2.You metioned that i need an enterprise license for IJC, but i don't need so many functions with enterprise version, so can you help how can i get D2C license? i can't find in D2C's product web page: https://www.chemaxon.com/products/document-to-structure/

ChemAxon 26d92e5dcd

10-11-2014 09:12:11

Dear Evan,

I am sorry for not responding on Friday. I was not working that day. In any case, it seems that you are already in good care and on track with the problem. 

Unfortunately I cant help you with licensing myself more than Anna anyways.

Wishing all the best

David

ChemAxon a3dda216df

10-11-2014 14:13:12

Hi Evan,

Basically, you don't need any additional license to import a JChem for Excel file to IJC. But the best would be, to check your license file and the JChem for Excel file, with which you have these issues. If it doesn't contain confidential structures or information, could you please send the JCXL file and the license file? You can send them to my email address:

aforro _at_ chemaxon.com

Thank you,

Anna

User 6acec2ce34

10-11-2014 14:34:10

dpech wrote:

Dear Evan,

I am sorry for not responding on Friday. I was not working that day. In any case, it seems that you are already in good care and on track with the problem. 

Unfortunately I cant help you with licensing myself more than Anna anyways.

Wishing all the best

David

Dear David:

Thank you all the same,you have give me lots of help, and wish you all the best : )

Evan

User 6acec2ce34

10-11-2014 14:47:46

aforro wrote:

Hi Evan,

Basically, you don't need any additional license to import a JChem for Excel file to IJC. But the best would be, to check your license file and the JChem for Excel file, with which you have these issues. If it doesn't contain confidential structures or information, could you please send the JCXL file and the license file? You can send them to my email address:

aforro _at_ chemaxon.com

Thank you,

Anna

Dear Anna:

Thanks for your kindly help, i have mail you with attachment about excel data and license file.

Wish you all the best!