Could not convert images to structures

User 42f208ce8e

13-06-2013 09:58:16

Hi,

I have an excel with markush & query structures in image format. I am trying to convert them to structure format using J4XL. But they are not getting converted to structure.

regards,

Yogitha

ChemAxon eb65a25631

13-06-2013 11:54:12

Hi Yogitha,

Are these images coming in a JChemExcel workbook. Were they created/converted from JChemExcel Structures?

If yes, please select the cells beneath(!) the images and press 'From Shape' on the JChem tab.

If these images not coming from JChemStructures, I suggest you should import the excel workbbok file with the

"Import From File" button on the JChem tab.

Regards,

Andras

User 42f208ce8e

15-06-2013 11:50:19

Hi Andras,

1. The markush images I referred are not created/converted from JChemExcel Structures? It is an excel with markush images exported from IJC.

2. Import using "Import From File" button on the JChem tab shows structures that are not in my excel (original workbook), and surprisingly they appear as structures instead of markush.

Regards,

Yogitha

ChemAxon eb65a25631

17-06-2013 13:00:24

Hi,

1. So you didn't try selecting the cells beneath the images and press the 'From Shape' button on the JChem tab?

Or you tried, but it didn't work?

2. The surplus of structures may come from an earlier state of the workbook: the structures were deleted from the sheet(s), but their data are still in the workbook.

' they appear as structures instead of markush' - Is this behaviour ok, or is it considered wrong?

A.

User 42f208ce8e

18-06-2013 06:37:59

Hi,

I tried selecting the cells beneath the images and press the 'From Shape' button on the JChem tab? but it did not work.

2. I have taken a new worksheet, which does not have data in it and tried import using "Import From File" button on the JChem tab. The following things appeared after import.

2a. After import the new worksheet contains some strange data which did not match with the data in the original workbook.

2b. None of my markush structures appeared, and none of the non structural data like patent number, activity appeared.

could you suggest how can I retrieve the data especially structural data, it is critical because it took more than one year for me to curate the data I have in that workbook.

Thanks,

Yogitha

ChemAxon eb65a25631

18-06-2013 08:42:20

Hi Yogitha,

That's right, Import From File imports structural data only. You have to recreate the workbook with the converted structures afterawards.

As for the Markush structures:

- are these structures ignored thowoughly, or the structures are converted, and the Markush-related parts are missing?

Could you send a workbook with similar contents, which we can observe this behaviour?

Regards,

Andras

User 42f208ce8e

24-06-2013 10:16:11

Hi Andras,

Attached is the snapshot, showing how JXL imported my markush structures. Please suggest a work around, so that I can see the markush structures active (they are now images in excel).

thanks,

Yogitha

ChemAxon eb65a25631

24-06-2013 11:20:12

Hi,

You mentioned earlier, you exported these images in IJC.

Can you export them again, but this time, export the structures to a JChemExcel Workbook.

As far as I know, IJC supports creating JChemExcel workbooks.

A.

User 42f208ce8e

25-06-2013 07:48:33

Hi,

Worlbook is my only source for the data now. I no longer have that IJC project, & hence I am depending on data available in workbook.

regards,

Yogitha

ChemAxon eb65a25631

25-06-2013 12:16:48

Hi,

Do you know what is the format of the markush-structures in the workbook to be imported?

A.

User 42f208ce8e

25-06-2013 13:00:59

Hi,

If I remember it correctly, they are in PNG format.

yogitha

ChemAxon eb65a25631

25-06-2013 13:30:08

You can give it a try by installing and setting up OSRA, for file import. (It requires JChemExcel 6.0)

https://www.chemaxon.com/jchem4excel/userguide/importfromfile.html

http://www.chemaxon.com/products/document-to-structure/

https://www.chemaxon.com/jchem4excel/userguide/import_with_doc_to_str.html

Setting up OSRA:

http://www.chemaxon.com/marvin/help/formats/imageimport.html

But since it is based on image recognition, you must be aware that it won't give perfect result, and you will need a lot of work to correct the result.

Andras