10-04-2013 13:14:13

Hello all, 

On the following system:

Windows 64 bit

Excel 2007, 32 bit

instantjchem-5_12_2-windows-x64

jchem-5.12.2-windows_64bit

JChem_For_Excel_5.12.2.943

I get the following error upon clicking the 'Add/Edit' button in excel to draw a structure in a cell using JChem for excel:

Exception: System.MissingFieldException

Message: Field not found: 'JChemExcelExcelCOM.RANGEINDEX.merged'.

StackTrace:    at ChemAxon.JChemExcel.Excel.ExcelApplicationAdapter.GetSelection()

at ChemAxon.JChemExcel.Actions.AddEditStructureSingleCellAction.†††

†††ˆŠ•(Object )

at ChemAxon.JChemExcel.Actions.AddEditStructureSingleCellAction.ExecuteAsynchron()

StackTrace:    at ChemAxon.JChemExcel.Excel.ExcelApplicationAdapter.GetSelection()

†††ˆŠ•(Object )

at ChemAxon.JChemExcel.Actions.AddEditStructureSingleCellAction.ExecuteAsynchron()

†††ˆŠ•(Object )

Any clues on how to solve this? Also, I get the  'JChemExcelExcelCOM.RANGEINDEX.merged'. error upon trying to import an MDL SDFile from Instant JChem.

Thanks!

User d67ddc364e

11-04-2013 12:00:25

I uninstalled everything, rebooted, re-installed everything (32 bit this time) and rebooted. The error is now:

†††ˆŠ•(Object )

Any ideas or suggestions would be highly appreciated, I'm entirely stuck :(

User d67ddc364e

11-04-2013 12:06:36

Additionally, when I try a smiles to structure conversion it tells me the following:

†††ˆŠ•(Object )

at ChemAxon.JChemExcel.Controls.MarvinHostCtl.†††

†††Š—œ(Object )

at ChemAxon.JChemExcel.Controls.MarvinHostCtl.Initialize(IServiceRegistryLocator serviceRegistryLocator, EditStructureHelper editResult)

at ChemAxon.JChemExcel.Controls.MarvinHostController.†††

†††Š–ž(Object , Object , Object )

at ChemAxon.JChemExcel.Controls.MarvinHostController.Attach()

at ChemAxon.JChemExcel.Actions.AddEditStructureTaskPaneAction.†††

†††ˆ“(Object )

at ChemAxon.JChemExcel.Actions.AddEditStructureTaskPaneAction.ExecuteAsynchron()

at ChemAxon.JChemExcel.Actions.OpenStructureSingleCellAction.†††

†††‰‹ž(Object )

at ChemAxon.JChemExcel.Actions.OpenStructureSingleCellAction.ExecuteAsynchron()

†††ˆŠ•(Object )

at ChemAxon.JChemExcel.Actions.ConversionText.ConvertFromTextToStructureBaseAction.†††

†††‡‘(Object )

at ChemAxon.JChemExcel.Actions.ConversionText.ConvertFromTextToStructureBaseAction.ExecuteAsynchron()

at ChemAxon.JChemExcel.Actions.ConversionText.ConvertFromTextToStructureBaseAction.†††

†††‡‘(Object )

at ChemAxon.JChemExcel.Actions.ConversionText.ConvertFromTextToStructureBaseAction.ExecuteAsynchron()

†††‡‘(Object )

User d67ddc364e

11-04-2013 14:34:43

Just installing the experimental version "JChem_For_Excel_6.0.0.555" solved the problem! (whatever it was ;)

ChemAxon bd13b5bd77

11-04-2013 19:37:13

Hi Rieuwert,

I think it was a registration with one of our module: JChemExcel.ExcelCOM.

We are now releasing the 5.12.3, I hope that will not contain the problem ...

6.0 what you installed contains bugs, quite a lot, so please take that into consideration. Obviously if you it for simple thing you can keep it but I would be happy if you could try out the new patch of 5.12.3.

Viktor

ChemAxon bd13b5bd77

11-04-2013 19:50:09

And we are sorry for the late support.

Viktor

User d67ddc364e

11-04-2013 21:41:49

No prob, thanks for the reply :) I will keep using 6 for now until I run into problems but so far it works really well. Of course I can test whether 5.13 works for me as well, if that helps you guys with the software development! I'll report back on that here probably tomorrow.

ChemAxon bd13b5bd77

12-04-2013 16:41:26

Thank you! 5.12.3 has been released and is available on the download page.

I have removed the 6.0 pre-alpha from the early adaptors folder because we are preparing for alpha, this will be available week time there instead.