Chemicalise use restrictions

User a7de21edd5

24-04-2011 18:35:57

Hi,  I am impressed by the functionality of  Chemicalise but I don't quite understand the caveat below:

"Data generated by the functionality on the site, including chemical
structure information and structure based predictions can only be used
within the chemicalize.org website."

I hope this does not mean that I cannot cross-paste, say a SMILES string,  into  ChemSpider or PubChem and continue my analysis there ?

Yours,  Chris

ChemAxon b124dd5f17

26-04-2011 07:51:26

HI Chris,

Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:35 pm    Post subject: Chemicalise use restrictions

"Data generated by the functionality on the site, including chemical

structure information and structure based predictions can only be used

within the chemicalize.org website."

Glad your enjoying the site (please tell others).

The aim of this statement is to avoid content scrapers/bots using the site to build databases of predicted information (or even web page/structure lists) for commercial gain. It is not our intention to remove the utility of data outside the site. I will revise this text to make more clear. Thanks for picking this up

Cheers/Alex

User d476481081

20-03-2014 11:09:39

Our group are looking for a service that we can query by sending InchI to a server such as this, that will return some chemical properties to us. This is a small database, and not a malicious crawler or competitive db creator. Is this something we can patch in and out of (we use Dotmatix) or is this clause designed to prohibit that?

Cheers,

Ben 

ChemAxon b124dd5f17

24-03-2014 10:29:56

HI Ben,

Sorry that is not permitted, you can link to the properties page but we have no service to receive structure and return properties by web service.

I see your email that you are from a university, you could have a look at our academic package but for non commercial research this is a personal license and so not enabled for groups.

If this is commercial research or you must work in groups then we have university discounts or an all you can eat commercial academic research license for E500/user/annual, more details here. However this really only makes sense if you want to use more of our stuff, which may not be a bad thing if you can save purchasing others software.

I will pass on the interest to our sales guys and ask they get in touch

Alex