import java.util.*;

import chemaxon.descriptors.CDParameters;

import chemaxon.descriptors.CustomDescriptor;

public class z

{

public static void main(String[] args) throws IOException

{

int length=64;

CustomDescriptor fpKQ = new CustomDescriptor(CDParameters.BINARY_DESCRIPTOR,length);

CustomDescriptor fpK = new CustomDescriptor(CDParameters.BINARY_DESCRIPTOR,length);

fpKQ.clear();

fpK.clear();

float   sim_tan = fpKQ.getTanimoto(fpK);

System.err.println("\tTanimoto: "+String.format("%.2f",sim_tan));

}

}

Result:
    $ java z

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1

at java.util.ArrayList.get(ArrayList.java:324)

at chemaxon.descriptors.MDParameters.isAsymmetric(MDParameters.java:746)

at chemaxon.descriptors.CustomDescriptor.getTanimoto(CustomDescriptor.java:524)

at z.main(z.java:17)

The purpose is simple binary fingerprints for implementing structural key based fingerprints.

ChemAxon 9c0afc9aaf

04-10-2008 02:09:29

I have moved this topic to the appropriate forum.

Szilard

ChemAxon efa1591b5a

06-10-2008 07:03:46

Does you CDParameters constructor call the constructor of the superclass? It is supposed to do so.

HTH

Miklos

User e469f67125

06-10-2008 14:41:38

Hi Miklos,

Observe from the complete source code provided that I am not using any CDParameters object, only the static field CDParameters.BINARY_DESCRIPTOR, as indicated by the documentation for constructor CustomDescriptor(int type, int length).

Jeremy.

ChemAxon efa1591b5a

08-10-2008 12:57:00

Hi Jeremy,

I see now. Normally, our CustomDescriptor class should not be directly instantiated - though I admit that it is not stated in the documentation, we will correct that.

Instead, it serves as a super class for your descriptor by providing several convenience methods and a means of integration in Screen and JChemBase.

The exception you found is clear a bug, even if someone instantiates CustomDescriptor this exception should not be thrown. We will fix that.

You may wish to go through the related sample code: http://www.chemaxon.com/jchem/doc/guide/screen/index.html#custom, that might be useful.

Regards,

Miklos