How to get the XML configuration editor?

User 5e91654a7c

17-04-2007 04:09:50

Hi,

This software was mentioned in the online documentation.

It was used for producing or editing the configuration XML files needed

by many Jchem programs.

This is its introducing page:

http://www.chemaxon.com/jchem/doc/user/Config.html

However, I cannot find it in the Jchem directory.

Could you do me a favor?

Please let me know how to get this software.

Regards

Ponda

ChemAxon efa1591b5a

17-04-2007 09:32:16

Hi Ponda,

I regret to inform you that the CxRun application that you refferred to in your post has been discontinued and it is not available in JChem any more.

Accept our apologies that various user documentations have not yet been updated accordingly.

We had to cancel the generic XML editor project due to lack of resources. However, the recent new graphical user interfaces that we deliver as front-end for our tools have similar capabilities. You may wish to try Standardizer as a good example of such application program: http://www.chemaxon.com/jchem/doc/user/Standardizer.html#applicationgui. With this there is no need to edit the Standardizer configuration - which actually is still stored in the same XML file -, but parameters can be set in nice dialog windows. I hope this helps.

Which particular XMl configuration does cause headache right now? Perhaps there is a cure for that problem too.

Regards,

Miklos

ChemAxon efa1591b5a

19-04-2007 06:39:05

Hi Ponda,

My colleagues drew my attention to some mistakes in my response to your enquiry. I gave you wrong information, please accept my apologies for that! I talked about cxrun though you asked about the configuration editor! Sorry about this confusion.

So, config is available and not discontinued. Is part of the JChem distribution, the corresponding java main class is chemaxon.config.ConfigEditor and the related batch/script command is config (in the bin folder of the JChem installation). Just type config in your terminal window (Command prompt in Windows) to launch the application.

Does this help you at all?

Regards,

Miklos