Markushcount question

User 677b9c22ff

04-11-2008 09:06:23

Hi,

I have to files which give me a number of possible structures.

one is coded as R1 = x.y,z the other one as R1 = L{x,y,z}.

In mview I get Markush library size = 390625 (~ 10^6) only for the file with L (see attachement).

Otherwise I get the error:

chemaxon.enumeration.ExpansionException: Circular dependency in order graph.

Cycle atom indexes: 11 9

at chemaxon.enumeration.ExpansionHelper.findExpansionSequence(ExpansionHelper.java:158)

at chemaxon.enumeration.ExpansionCounter.createExpansionGraph0(ExpansionCounter.java:737)

at chemaxon.enumeration.ExpansionCounter.createExpansionGraph(ExpansionCounter.java:689)

at chemaxon.enumeration.ExpansionCounter.countExpansions(ExpansionCounter.java:538)

at chemaxon.marvin.calculations.MarkushEnumerationPlugin.run(MarkushEnumerationPlugin.java:501)

at chemaxon.marvin.plugin.CalculatorPluginManager.runPlugin(CalculatorPluginManager.java:175)

at chemaxon.marvin.plugin.CalculatorPluginManager.runPlugin(CalculatorPluginManager.java:159)

at chemaxon.marvin.plugin.CalculatorPluginManager.runPlugin(CalculatorPluginManager.java:108)

at chemaxon.marvin.plugin.CalculatorPluginManager.callback(CalculatorPluginManager.java:76)

at chemaxon.marvin.plugin.PluginManager.callback(PluginManager.java:87)

at chemaxon.marvin.common.swing.MolPanel.run(MolPanel.java:2105)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

What is wrong? According to the help it seems fine.

Tobias

Idea: Depth-First

ChemAxon a9ded07333

04-11-2008 09:28:42

Hi Tobias,

Your first Markush structure is not well-formed. The Rgroup that it contains is not an atomlist but an R1 atom itself. It seems to be an atomlist only because it has a label (mrvAlias):

Code:
            elementType="R"

rgroupRef="1"

attachmentPoint="1"

mrvAlias="H, F, Cl, Br, I"

(You can see the difference by erasing the "mrvAlias=..." line from the file.)

So this is a real circular reference to R1 from inside the R1 definition.

Best regards,

Tamás

ChemAxon fb166edcbd

04-11-2008 09:46:21

One remark: if you use an atom list as in your -2 files then the R-group notation is not needed, you can just as well replace your R1 atoms by the atom list itself.

Or, you can use an R-group definition by putting the different atoms in different R-group members, as in the attached -3 file.

User 677b9c22ff

04-11-2008 23:47:49

Hello Tamas and Nora,

thank you for your comments and help.

Tobias