Using ChemAxon toolkit with Academic Pipeline Pilot

User d4e43202ac

23-12-2008 00:35:44

The documentation that I can find both on ChemAxon's website and on Scitegic's website appear to be support for the Client-Server version of Pipeline Pilot. Is integration possible with the standalone version of PP?

I have been successful in installing the toolkit, but continue to get a "no license file found" error. In the error message the license file path points to

C:\chemaxon\license

but this is not where I have located the reaction file. While placing a temporary directory there fixed the problem, I wonder if there is a way to edit the license path?

We currently have ChemAxon JChem and Marvin 5.1.04 and are running PP Student Edition 6.1

ATS

ChemAxon 9c0afc9aaf

23-12-2008 02:15:44

Hi,

We have no prior experience with the Student Edition, so I might be wrong, but I believe all PP installations should have an Apache server process running in the background even if it is not apparent.

If you go to Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services

you will probably see a service named as "scitegic_apache_6_1" or similar.

Here you can also restart it.

For installing licenses to modern Marvin / JChem versions I recommend using the environment variable method described in the README.txt that comes with the component collection:
Quote:
If using JChem / Marvin 5.0.5 or better, the recommended way

to set the license is to create an environment variable CHEMAXON_LICENSE_URL,

It should point to the license file obtained from chemaxon on the file

system of the PP server.

Please remember to restart the PP server after setting / modifying this

environment variable.

NOTE: This is the only way to install licenses on a PP server running in

impersonation mode.
So after setting this GLOBAL environment variable (for every user) you should restart the server process mentioned above (or optionally you may restart your machine too).

For reporting errors in general I would like to refer to README.txt again:
Quote:

If an exception should occur in one of the ChemAxon components, please

press the "Details >>" button in the error dialog and copy the whole

"Error Stack" field and forward the text to the ChemAxon support.
We include some valuable information inot this text, please always post the full trace.

In this case for example it should be apparent where exactly the ChemAxon toolkit is looking for the license file.

One trick if you do not want to mess with environment variable is to look for this path and copt your license file to the same place.

Please let me know if this helps.

Best regards,

Szilard

User 16a34f3084

28-02-2010 08:37:08

cdd wrote:
The documentation that I can find both on ChemAxon's website and on Scitegic's website appear to be support for the Client-Server version of Pipeline Pilot. Is integration possible with the standalone version of PP?

I have been successful in installing the toolkit, but continue to get a "no license file found" error. In the error message the license file path points to
C:\chemaxon\license
but this is not where I have located the reaction file. While placing a temporary directory there fixed the problem, I wonder if there is a way to edit the license path?

We currently have ChemAxon JChem and Marvin 5.1.04 and are running PP Student Edition 6.1

ATS

I had same problem in academic PP but I resolved it now.

Very simple.
Academic PP recognize location of ChemAxon license file as 'C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\chemaxon\license.cxl'.

Just copy license.cxl to 'C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\chemaxon'.

As this folder is not visiable in explorer, after just write address in explorer you can see that.

Good luck..