Marvin Sketch

User afeef30056

23-10-2008 11:06:50

Dear support,

i just installed in my PP server the chemaxon component collection because i was interested in using the marvin applet to draw a molecule to pass into my protocol from the web port. it seems that there is not a specific component able to do this... could you please help me in understanding how i could create such component? in case you already have done, could you please send it to me?

Thanks in advance,

Pasquale

ChemAxon 9c0afc9aaf

24-10-2008 06:35:55

Dear Pasquale,

There is no component currently that you can use for this.

(There is a "Marvin Molecule" in the "Marvin Sketcher" folder, but it hasn't been supervised since we took over the development of the collection, and does not seem to be working)

We are working on a solution, as this seems to be a quite popular request.

There is a working example, but it is not so convenient to integrate into your forms yet as the other sketchers and the applet always displays at the top left of the page - so not very good for your form design yet either.

If you need a quick solution I may post here the protocols, but I hope we will have a better solution soon.

I will keep you posted about the state of this in this topic.

Best regards,

Szilard

User afeef30056

24-10-2008 06:46:37

Hi Szilard,

thank you for your propmt reply!

In the meanwhile you develop a proper solution, please let me give a look to what you have already developed, so please post your protocols!

thanks in advance,

Pasquale

ChemAxon 9c0afc9aaf

24-10-2008 20:48:54

Hi,

Meanwhile I have managed to make the "proper" component work too.

As there is work to do with both solutions let me ask for your patience for a couple of more days.

Best regards,

Szilard

User afeef30056

27-10-2008 08:00:22

Hi Szilard,Many thanks for your reply.

I am looking forward to hear from you...

Regards,

Pasquale

User afeef30056

03-11-2008 08:20:58

Hi Szilard,

any news from the "proper" component?

Cheers,

Pasquale

ChemAxon 9c0afc9aaf

04-11-2008 04:14:14

Hi,

Sorry for the delay, but some Reactor improvements also had to be implemented for this test release.

You can access the package here:

http://www.chemaxon.com/download.php?d=/data/download/pp/devel

(ChemAxon_for_Pipeline_Pilot_TEST_2008_11_03.zip)

The components are under "ChemAxon -> Prototypes" and the example protocols are under "ChemAxon -> Examples -> Prototypes".

Please note that these are very early versions.

The JavaScript (JS) version does not comply with form design rules (sketcher always at top left).

The other version sometimes may not pass on the structure (seems like synchronization problem that may depend on client configuration), this is subject to investigation.

Best regards,

Szilard

User afeef30056

04-11-2008 08:25:47

Hi Szilard,

thank you for your prompt reply, i am going to install your last uptodate component collection as sooon as possible and i will send you our feedback in case you will appreciate it.

Thanks,

Pasquale

ChemAxon 9c0afc9aaf

04-11-2008 14:48:10

Hi Pasquale,

Yes we would appreciate your feedback, thank you.

Please note that these components hardly have any options yet, we plan to add them later when decided which way to go.

Actually there may be a third way, Marvin will probably will be integrated into the generic Accelrys "Chemistry Sketcher" component, but that will take some time and will require a newer PP version, so we try our best to also provide an other solution until then.

Szilard