XML documentation files for .NET API

User 5e6ac00bea

04-05-2011 17:28:26

Hello,

I am missing the XML documentation files which are standard for .NET APIs to have the autocompletion feature in Visual Studio. This would ease developing with your API enormously. Besides the available online documentation, are these files available or already planned for the near future?

Best regards,

Stefan

ChemAxon b62f37c21a

06-05-2011 04:43:52

Dear Stefan,

We don't include this xml at this moment. The reason is that there are code examples in our API documentation which cannot be displayed correctly by the Visual Studio. Furthermore, the whole documentation is converted from the Java documentation which makes difficult to reorganize our API documentation.

However, it woud be useful regardless of the ugly display. I will be back soon with the decision when we include it in the package. Until that I shared the existing XML documentation here. Please note that if you copy this file into the installation folder manually the uninstall will not remove it automatically.

Best regards,

Gabor Vasko

ChemAxon b62f37c21a

12-05-2011 11:58:08

Dear Stefan,

The XML API documentation will be included probably in the next major release. Until than you can use the one we shared.

Best regards,

Gabor Vasko

User 5e6ac00bea

12-05-2011 12:43:17

Dear Gabor,

thank you for your answer. I am looking forward to the next release.

Regards,

Stefan