Strong named assemblies?

User cd687a4f34

13-03-2009 21:06:03

Are ther any strong named assemblies available for jchem.dll and the used IKVM libraries?. The latest release of IKVM has strong named assemblies. What is with the different IKVM library used Core in the jchem dot net integration and ClassLibrary at the IKVM download site?

Cheers

Uwe

ChemAxon 6e93227fcc

13-03-2009 23:15:33

Hi,

We are not using the IKVM release version for our JChem .NET API because we use a development release which has a lot of bugs fixed. That's why the IKVM from official website has strong named DLL's and the one we distribute doesn't.

In addition we also made some fixes on IKVM side especial for drawing stuff.

Calin Naghi.

User cd687a4f34

14-03-2009 22:16:03

Thanks Calin,

Great to hear that you have fixed bugs from the IKVM official release, but whould it be possible to get signed assemblies for jchem and the used IKVM assemblies? I am looking on the possibilities to integrate your chemical structure viewing for one of our customers in our Spotfire Software, and my constraint is to use signed assemblies. Is it possible to get a signed copy of the api assemblies?

Regards,

Uwe

User cd687a4f34

16-03-2009 10:30:32

Where can I download the modified IKVM source code? As this is under GPL it should be available somewhere. I don't mind strong naming the assemblies by myself.

Regards,

Uwe

ChemAxon 6e93227fcc

16-03-2009 10:59:20

Hi,

We have discussed about your  request and we have two options:

1. You can get the latest version of IKVM  sources from source forge CVS and we can provide our changes which consists in IKVM.AWT project. In this case you will have to convert the JChem jar's by yourself and you might have some problems here.

2. If you can wait few days we will release a strong named version of IKVM and JChem dll's.

Calin Naghi.

User cd687a4f34

16-03-2009 11:22:24

Thanks Calin,

Please let me know when the strong named version has been released

Regards,

Uwe

ChemAxon 6e93227fcc

17-03-2009 15:37:15

Hi,

I will let you know. From my estimation I think this week (maybe even tomorrow) we will release the strong name dll's.

Calin Naghi.

ChemAxon 6e93227fcc

18-03-2009 22:37:18

Hi,

We have created a version with strong named dll's but I haven't test it too much so please tell me if you still have any problems.

You can download it from http://www.chemaxon.com/download.php?d=/data/download/jchem/JChem__NET_API_SN_5_2_0.msi

or if you want to use the marvin based API

http://www.chemaxon.com/download.php?d=/data/download/marvin/Marvin__NET_API_SN_5_2_0.msi

Hopefully this will help you out.

Calin Naghi.

User cd687a4f34

20-03-2009 05:14:34

Thanks Calin,

One Error came into the new build

The IKVM.AWT.Winforms.dll included is unsigned,and not the one referenced by the other assemblies.

{"Cannot load AWT toolkit: ikvm.awt.NetToolkit, IKVM.AWT.WinForms, Version=0.39.3308.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=d25ce09139c726a9"}

Regards,

Uwe

User cd687a4f34

20-03-2009 07:57:41

Hi Calin,

The Latest build from 19-03-2009 is ok regarding strong nameing, though I fond an error when running the Example MoleculeImage. Is there something that I have missed?

+  InnerException {"Cannot load AWT toolkit: ikvm.awt.NetToolkit, IKVM.AWT.WinForms, Version=0.39.3308.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=d25ce09139c726a9"} System.Exception {java.awt.AWTError}

and the trace

at chemaxon.marvin.paint.internal.MolPainterCommon.__<clinit>()

at chemaxon.marvin.io.formats.image.ImageExport.convert(Molecule mol)

at chemaxon.marvin.io.formats.image.JpegExport.convert(Molecule mol)

at chemaxon.struc.Molecule.exportToObject(Molecule[] , String , MolExportModule , MPropertyContainer )

at chemaxon.struc.Molecule.exportToObject(String fmt)

at chemaxon.struc.Molecule.exportToBinFormat(String fmt)

at chemaxon.struc.Molecule.toBinFormat(String fmt)

at MoleculeImage.MoleculeImage.SetMoleculeImageUsingtoBinFormat(Molecule mol) in C:\Program Files\ChemAxon\JChem .NET API\Examples\MoleculeImage\MoleculeImage.cs:line 47

The error happens with both image methods

Regards

Uwe

ChemAxon 6e93227fcc

20-03-2009 11:45:54

Hi,

I've checked and indeed there is an error with that example. I think the build was wrong so I'm rebuilding now. I will let you know when is ready.

Calin Naghi.

ChemAxon 6e93227fcc

20-03-2009 13:31:44

Hi,

The problem was with the AWT version which was 0.0.39.3308 instead of 0.39.3308.0 .

You can download again the installer from the link I specified in my previous reply.

Calin Naghi.

User cd687a4f34

08-04-2009 10:00:53

Hi Calin,

Thanks again for your valuable help. I delivered the integration of Marvin with Spotfire to our customer and tested the behavior of the dotNet bridge. As one could expect it takes slightly longer when starting the first time compared to a pure dotNet implementation of a renderer like other renderers e.g. ChemIQ from IDBS or MDL Draw dot Net. But after this re-rendering is performed in a comparable speed with the pure dot Net implementations. Large amounts of structures, and also very complex structures is not a problem. Anyway there is a difference between the two rendering methods. ToBinFormat works 100% fine, but with the GraphicsDraw I got errors with some molecules in SMILES format. I haven't investigated this further.

Uwe

ChemAxon 6e93227fcc

09-04-2009 13:46:08

Hi,

Glad to hear we could help. I want to make some notifications:

1. First time when you render/create an object from ChemAxon JChem API package it probably takes longer because the IKVM dll's have around 30 MB so it probably loads all of them. For this issue I can tell you that we already work to make the dll's smaller. But this is quite complicated so it will take some time...

2. When you import a molecule it is better to specify the input format else the importer will have to "guess" the format of molecules which is consuming time.

If you can please investigate for what molecules you have problems with rendering and we will try to fix it...

Calin Naghi.