Required DLLs for .net application

User 82b20b535e

19-11-2015 17:34:44

I am publishing application to test envirnoment. Criteria on test environment is to not install any 3rd party libraries which includes chemaxon. I can't install JChem.NET setup.

ChemAxon Version installed in development: 15.6 as displayed in the error.

Please do not tell me to copy all DLLs from the JChem.NET API folder. I do not want to take this approach.

Question: Is there a list of libraries or dlls published any where where I can copy the DLLS to the  bin folder.

I am invoking the following code  IJChemMolecule molecule = MainFactory.Chemistry.CreateMolecule(structure, MoleculeFormat.MRV); and I could see in the log files that system.IO is thrown by the chemaxon.

Currently we've copied the below listed dlls - but we nevertheless there are other dependent dlls which are missing.

ChemAxon.NET.dll
ChemAxon.NET.Base.dll
ChemAxon.NET.IKVM.dll
ChemAxon.NET.Windows.Forms.dl

Error:

The type initializer for 'ChemAxon.NET.API.MainFactory' threw an exception.

System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'ChemAxon.NET.API.MainFactory' threw an exception. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'JChemExt, Version=15.6.2200.2446, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=d25ce09139c726a9' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

at ChemAxon.NET.Windows.Forms.JavaAPI.JavaAPI.???

??????()

at ChemAxon.NET.Windows.Forms.JavaAPI.JavaAPI.Initialize()

at ChemAxon.NET.API.MainFactory.???

ChemAxon 2e7d8629fa

19-11-2015 21:22:56

Hi,

The listed DLLs are the necessary references what you should explicit refer in your .NET project. To use ChemAxon.NET API in a Visual Studio solution you need these 4 assemblies only. Behind the scene these DLLs refer other JChem, Marvin, calculator plugins, Oracle cartridge, etc. DLLs. Which DLLs will be used? It depends on your workflow(s). If you would like to render a molecule you will need Marvin-specific DLLs. If you would like to read/write a JChem (cartridge) DB you should copy other DLLs. I cannot give you a list about the necessary assemblies, sorry. I recommend you the trail-and-error method...

About the exception what you mentioned: "... Could not load file or assembly 'JChemExt ...". When you install JChem .NET API you will find this DLL here: c:\Program Files\ChemAxon\JChem .NET API 15.6.2200.2446\JChemExt.dll.

Best regards,

Gergely