Help Needed

User 82b20b535e

09-07-2014 19:43:57

I am working on the legacy application built on VB.NET running on VS2010

Application is making reference to 2 DLLs . I have installed the ChemAxon JChem Suite for Excel version 6.1.2.731.

Below are the 2 DLLs i am looking for

ChemAxon.JChemExcel.OpenXml;

ChemAxon.NET.Base.Marvin;

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

regards

DJ

ChemAxon bd13b5bd77

09-07-2014 21:21:27

Hi,

could you please tell us what workflow you would like to implement in your application?

Viktor

User 82b20b535e

10-07-2014 12:32:51

Hi Viktor,

Application is a legacy application and I am new to this applicatiopn. I can't disclose much of the application. 

I am trying to compile the application but I see the reference issue because below 2 DLLs are missing. I need your guidance to get these 2 DLLs to compile the project. There are no developers others than me. 

ChemAxon.JChemExcel.OpenXml;

ChemAxon.NET.Base.Marvin;

Thanks

Regards

DJ

ChemAxon 2e7d8629fa

10-07-2014 13:13:37

Hi Dhananjaya,

We made a lot of changes in version 6.1. We created a new module called JChemExcel.IO.API instead of JChemExcel.OpenXml. This new IO API provides functionality to read and write JChemExcel files and gives possibility to convert ISIS for Excel and ChemDraw for Excel files to JChem for Excel files. The latest version (6.3.1) can convert Accord for Excel workbooks as well.

We can handle with this API OpenXml-based files (e.g. XLSX, XLSM, etc.) and standard format workbooks (e.g. XLS, XLT, XLM, etc.) as well.

The 2nd DLL what you mentioned, ChemAxon.NET.Base.Marvin.dll, is new for me. Are you sure this is the exact name of the missing assembly? Otherwise, our DLLs are in the Global Assembly Cache (GAC). Try to find this DLL there.

Could you please describe for us the workflow what your code implements? Hopefully our IO API will be an appropriate tool for you.

Best regards,

Gergely

User 82b20b535e

10-07-2014 13:23:41

Hi  Gergely,

Thanks for quick response. I can't make modifications at this time as this is legacy application. I am compiling the source and I can see the references missing in the project.

Its federal government and I can't disclose application flow. 

Can you help me with atleast 1 DLL which is ChemAxon.JChemExcel.OpenXml.

Thanks

Regards

Dhananjaya

ChemAxon 2e7d8629fa

10-07-2014 13:51:32

Hi,

I cannot give you JChemExcel.OpenXml DLL with version 6.1. Release v6.1 doesn't contain that DLL, we don't support that anymore. You have to change the used reference to JChemExcel.IO.API.dll and you have to update your code.

If you give us code snippet using the current solution we will try to help you to rewrite that.

Developer guide contains some information about this API:

http://www.chemaxon.com/jchem4excel/developerguide/io_api.html

Regards,

Gergely

User 82b20b535e

10-07-2014 15:06:04

Hi Gergely,

I have another question than, I have uninstalled JChemForExcel 6.1.2 version and I am trying to install the JChemForExcel 5.11.1.781.

I did restart the system and have tried couple of times. 

Installer is failing and I am not sure why installer is falling. I have also attached screen shot for reference

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks

Regards

Dhananjaya

ChemAxon 2e7d8629fa

11-07-2014 08:43:38

Hi,

Do you use MSI or EXE installer? Sometimes security problems can occur in MSI installers so please try the EXE instead.

Regards,

Gergely

User 82b20b535e

14-07-2014 12:50:17

Hi Gergely,

Thanks for your suggestion. I was able to install using .exe as per your suggestion.

Thanks

Regards

DJ