Required DLLs for .net application / dependency versions

User 05d9866f9b

31-03-2014 11:41:08

Hi All

We want to rollout .net applications with ChemAxon .net controls without dependencies on the installed Marvin Sketch application. As an example :Application ABC should work with implemented ChemAxon controls Version 6.0.2
- even if the user hasn't installed the Marvin Sketch client or
if the user has installed a Marvin Sketch Client -but with another version.

We set up the application with the (hopefully) appropriate settings for the references (copy local / specific version = false) - but we are failing to find the complete list of necessery dlls.

Currently we've copied the below listed dlls - but we nevertheless see messages saying that ChemAxon DLLs are missing.
ChemAxon.NET.dll
ChemAxon.NET.Base.dll
ChemAxon.NET.IKVM.dll
ChemAxon.NET.Windows.Forms.dl

A second, related question to this: Version 6.3. will come soon - and we expect that the current .net applications will work with the 6.1.x controls without the necessity to make any change in the current .net application even if the users will install the Version 6.3.

If it is easier to talk about the questions by a telcon - please let me know.

Thanks Edith

ChemAxon bd13b5bd77

01-04-2014 15:15:44

Hi Edith,

in terms of the deployment I would suggest you using msm deployment as we discussed in terms of the Marvin, or JChem for Excel deployment.

ChemAxon.NET 4 dlls are in a package.

You do not need to deploy these since the msm would do it itself.

ChemAxon.NET 4 dlls are refering to hundreds of dlls that are in the GAC and installation of them is also arranged by the msm modules.

MSM modules are available in the download pages.

If you do not want to set up the MSI package reusing our MSM modules, just want to deploy your application with copying ... simply you can install our JChem .NET API msi,

or copy all the dlls into the folder where your application will be located (with copy local = true)

In 6.3 the interface of Controls will be UNCHANGED but some parts of the API have changed,

e.g. IJChemMolecule can be instantiated through out some Factory classes located in ChemAxon.NET dll.

MainFactory.Chemistry.CreateMolecule( ...

If you think a short meeting or the documentation (Examples - I am currently working on) could help you a lot.

Please let me know your preference,

Viktor

ChemAxon bd13b5bd77

02-04-2014 08:58:06

Hi Edith,

attaching a screen shot showing where you find the new Examples giving you facility to comapre the new API with the old version.

The direct link is : http://www.chemaxon.com/dotNET/6.3/examples.html

In the setup section I try to also mention the deployment relating solutions.

Viktor