point to the license file in command line

User 6c4fe52dc0

28-11-2011 22:24:54

Hi,

I am using the molconvert script. Is it possible to pass the location of the license.cxl file as a parameter in command line? I will use the molconvert script in a cloud environment which contains >30 nodes. It is not convenient to install chemAxon on all the nodes. So I plan to only copy the molconvert script and the license file to each node in run time. It is only possible if the location of the license file can be passed as a parameter in calling molconvert.

I'm looking forward to your reply!

Su

ChemAxon e274e1bada

29-11-2011 14:48:10

Hi,

It is possible to set the location of the license file as a Java System Property. If your license allowes the 'Server Use' option, you can specify the location as a remote URL. I guess your required process is able to work in that way.

Plese see the documentation: http://www.chemaxon.com/marvin/help/licensedoc/installToServer.html

Let me know about the results.

Regards, Edvard

User 6c4fe52dc0

01-12-2011 18:57:13

Thanks Edvard!

I worked out another solution to this problem. I will wrap the calling to molcovert with a script. In this script, I'll create a symoblic link for the ./chemaxon/license.cxl file. ChemAxon then can find the license file by using the default setting. Also I don't need to install chemAxon on every node but only copy the license file and the scripts I will use.

Su