No valid license for JChem Cartridge

User 46924c5277

17-08-2011 17:29:35

I'm getting an odd situation on a JChem installation.

We use a schema in which a given table contains, among other things, a structure id and a molblock (as a CLOB).

If I call jc_compare(molblock, (select molblock from table where structure_id = 1), 't:s ')

I get the following:

ERROR at line 1:

ORA-29902: error in executing ODCIIndexStart() routine

ORA-29532: Java call terminated by uncaught Java exception:

java.rmi.ServerException: RemoteException occurred in server thread; nested

exception is:

java.rmi.RemoteException: No valid license for JChem Cartridge

ORA-06512: at "JCHEM.JCHEM_CLOB_PKG", line 80

ORA-06512: at "JCHEM.JC_IDXTYPE_IM", line 454

However, I can call jc_compare(molblock, molblock, 't:s ') just fine (obviously I get lots of hits, since pretty much everything is a substructure of itself).

I can also call jc_compare((select molblock from table where structure_id=1),molblock, 't:s ') with no problems (i.e. I've just reversed the order of the comparison).

Has anyone seen this before and knows what might be causing it?

Here's the environment, if it helps:

JCHEM_CORE_PKG.GETENVIRONMENT()

Oracle environment:

Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.5.0 - 64bi

PL/SQL Release 10.2.0.5.0 - Production

CORE 10.2.0.5.0 Production

TNS for Solaris: Version 10.2.0.5.0 - Production

NLSRTL Version 10.2.0.5.0 - Production

JChem Server environment:

Java VM vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc.

Java version: 1.6.0_26

Java VM version: 20.1-b02

JChem version: 5.5.0.1

JChem Index version: 5050000

JDBC driver version: 11.1.0.7.0-Production

ChemAxon e274e1bada

31-08-2011 14:37:46

Hi,

we are investigating the problem, we will respond soon.

Regards, Edvard

ChemAxon aa7c50abf8

02-09-2011 19:59:08

The successful and the failing SQL queries go over a different execution path. With the failing query, the structure search is executed in domain index scan mode. You need a JChem Cartridge license there. (You probably don't have any, or it is not found for some reason.) With the successful query, the structure search is executed in functional mode meaning that Oracle feeds the query and target structures one by one to the search operator -- in this "degraded" mode only "Structure search" license is needed (currently at least). (Apparently, you have a "Structure search" license and it is found by the license manager.)

Bottom line: No JChem Cartridge license is found. Please, review the JChem Cartridge documentation to see how license files need to be installed for JChem Cartridge: http://www.chemaxon.com/jchem/doc/admin/cartridge.html#regkey .