Regarding License Installation

User 7f8099df22

09-05-2011 07:10:24

Dear Sir,

I have uploaded JChem on our institution webserver and I want to run JCsearch. I have placed licnese file in home direcory /home/christ/license.cxl. Kidnly tell me what other settings need to be done in order to run JCsearch tool?

Thanking you

Regards

Trupti

ChemAxon e274e1bada

09-05-2011 11:32:54

Hi,

please place the license file to the .chemxon on Linux (or chemaxon on Windows) directory in your user's home. The correct path would be: /home/christ/.chemaxon/license.cxl.

Other settings are not needed.

Best Regards, Edvard 

User 7f8099df22

09-05-2011 17:48:44

Dear Sir,

I have placed license file at the suggested path but still the program doesn't work. Kindly help me.

Regards

Trupti

ChemAxon e274e1bada

10-05-2011 14:02:40

Dear Trupti,

could you send me the error messages and stack traces? We also need your JChem version.

Thanks, Edvard

User 7f8099df22

11-05-2011 11:50:29

I am getting the following error msg:

More properties needed to make connection.

Kindly help me to solve the problem

Thanking you

Regards

Trupti

User 7f8099df22

13-05-2011 12:50:38

Sir,

I am using platform independent package of Jchem 5.5.0.0 and I have placed license file at our institutional webserver at the following location:

/home/christ/.chemaxon/license.cxl

I am getting problem in running jcsearch command. please help me.

Regards

Trupti

ChemAxon e274e1bada

13-05-2011 13:51:28

Dear Trupti,

it does not seem to be a license problem. Please check if you defined the connection data well.

JChem saves the connection data parameters in the <User
Home>/.chemaxon/.jchem, so if you have a successful connection, all
JChem applications uses that to connect the database.

Please also check the permissions of the files and databases.

Steps of using JChem:

1. Run the JChem Manager (jcman command starts the GUI application,
jcman with parameters means the command line tool) In the first
connection to a new JChem database a property table will be created,
which is needed for using JChem. Please see the documentation:
http://www.chemaxon.com/jchem/doc/admin/ />You can find the format of connection parameters for the supported databases: http://www.chemaxon.com/jchem/doc/admin/JChemBaseFAQ.html#dburl />
2. Create a JChem table and import structures

3. Use the JChemSearch. It is a good testing if you use jcsearch command
line tool: http://www.chemaxon.com/jchem/doc/user/Jcsearch.html />
If it can not help, please send me a more detailed report about the failure.

Best Regards,
Edvard

User 7f8099df22

19-05-2011 17:06:50

Dear Sir,

You are right. The file (.jchem), which is needed for jcsearch, is not available on our institutional webserver because I am not able to run jcman command on the server. The reason is our institutional webserver is located at Texas, USA as it is shared hosting with a private company.

Dear sir, would you please send me .jchem file for linux based webserver? I will fill login, password and database structure table names later in the file. Due to missing file, I am not able to run jcsearch. Kindly help me.

Thanking you.

Trupti

ChemAxon b124dd5f17

23-05-2011 06:49:16

HI,

Can I ask what packages you have bought or if this is a free use (ie academic package). Notice academic package does not cover server use, for this you would need (academic discounted) commercial licenses.

Cheers/Alex

User 7f8099df22

23-05-2011 10:57:47

Dear Alexa,

I am using jchem 5.5.0 cross platform package without installer. Is it still needed to purchase it for server upload and use?

Regards

Trupti

ChemAxon b124dd5f17

23-05-2011 13:33:03

HI Trupti,

I am not sure I undeerstand. Can you tell me the name of your company or institution and the products you have purchased. If you want to send offline try aa__at__chemaxon__.__com

Alex

User 7f8099df22

24-05-2011 06:50:00

Dear Alex,

I have applied for Academic License and it is approved by ChemAxon. Now I want to run JCsearch (of JChem package 5.5.0, platform independent) for chemical similarity searching on our institutional web server. I am able to run this tool on my systems local web server (Apache) and able to get results but now I want to implement on our institutional web server.

For that I am facing two major problems:

1. Is the license file valid to run on institution web server? If not, kindly give me download link and product purchase details.

2. Our institutional webserver is shared hosting with a private company which is located at Texas, USA and I want to run JChemManager batch file for database connection. But I can not run it as it is located at Texas. Kindly give the solution for running JChemManager.

Sir, I kindly request you to give solution for my problem as soon as possible.

Thanks & Regards

Trupti

ChemAxon b124dd5f17

24-05-2011 07:33:20

HI Trupti,

Server use is not allowed under the academic package, it is a personal license and so sharing shared resources (like a server) is not relevant.

If you want to buy a license we can provide at discounted rates for academic works, I ping my colleague Nora Lapusnyik to get in touch. She will want to know the products you want to run (like Standardizer, JChem Web Services, Structure Checker, Marvin, JChem Base, Cartridge) and the number of users who will be accessing the content (total number of discrete users/not concurrent).

I expect she will be in touch later today

Cheers/Alex

User e60fe7c9a3

31-05-2011 03:40:44

kholiatrupti wrote:

Dear Sir,

I just received a link to install my academic license.  I am unable to open the link.

ChemAxon e274e1bada

03-06-2011 08:12:23

Hi Iyer,

please see the answer in this topic: https://www.chemaxon.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7642

Regards, Edvard

User ef5d30834b

08-11-2012 12:49:25

I have a website that includes a link to MarvinSketch.  When the students click the link, they see everything except the rings folder at the bottom.  I suspect I see the menu because I have the license.cxl file on my computer.  I have the license.cxl file in the chemaxon folder on the server.

My website:  http://www.faculty.sfasu.edu/jefferya/AJatSFASU.html

I would like this menu to be available for student use.

Thank you,

Arlen
Jeffery, Ph.D.

Assistant
Professor
(Organic)

Department
of Chemistry & Biochemistry

Stephen
F.
Austin
State
University

P.O.
Box
SFA Station

Nacogdoches,
TX  75962

ChemAxon 7c2d26e5cf

12-11-2012 15:05:39

I have tried it.

It works for me (templates appear fine).

It is not a license issue, rather template customization or template loading issue.

On that machine where you can reproduce the issue, check whether marvin.properties and marvin.mytemplates files exist in user home under chemaxon folder. If yes, rename them and restart browser.

Probably, certain custom settings are in conflict with the server side Marvin parameters.

User 0216dbe2e5

08-01-2013 14:01:24

Dear Sir,

I just received a link to install my academic license.  I am unable to open the link.

It says: Sever use: Not allowed

Regards

ChemAxon b124dd5f17

09-01-2013 07:26:09

HI,

Can you explain what you were doing and the environment you are running in. Please do note server use is not covered for academic use.

Alex

User b21682b919

10-03-2014 20:31:20

kholiatrupti wrote:

Dear Sir,

I have uploaded JChem on our institution webserver and I want to run JCsearch. I have placed licnese file in home direcory /home/christ/license.cxl. Kidnly tell me what other settings need to be done in order to run JCsearch tool?

Thanking you

Regards

Trupti

Dear Guys ,

When I want to install license an error (Java.lang.NullpointerExeption) at start up will be exhibited ,what should I do ?

I really need help

ChemAxon d26931946c

11-03-2014 05:16:08

Hi,

We're sorry for the inconvenience. I've tried to install your license file on my machine and in worked fine.

Please send us the following information:

- what operating system are you using?

- which version of Mavin/Jchem are you using? What is the application that throws the exception?

- what is the exact error message that you're getting?

Regards,

Peter