Getting a license error for Reactor Professional

User d5a04d01e5

28-02-2011 18:05:56

Hi,

We updated our ChemAxon license this past January, and everything is supposed to expire in 2012.

We recently started getting a license error when trying to use jcf_react -- the SQL I'm using is:

select jcf_react('[O:1]>>[O:1]C', 'CO', 'method:f mappingstyle:d permuteReactants:n ignoreErrors:y')
from dual;

The JChem cartridge returns the following error:

ORA-29532: Java call terminated by uncaught Java exception: java.rmi.ServerException: RemoteException occurred in server thread; nested exception is:

java.rmi.RemoteException: java.lang.Exception: chemaxon.license.LicenseException: No valid license has been found.

Product name: Reactor Professional

License path: Environment variable: CHEMAXON_LICENSE_URL = C:\chemaxon\license.cxl

Please contact sales _at_ chemaxon.com to obtain the corresponding license.

Students and academic researchers are entitled of free use
through our Academic Package, for more information
please visit: http://www.chemaxon.com/acpack_conditions.html

ORA-06512: at "JCHEM.JCHEM_CORE_PKG", line 349

ORA-06512: at "JCHEM.JCF_REACT", line 8

29532. 00000 - "Java call terminated by uncaught Java exception: %s"

* Cause: A Java exception or error was signaled and could not be
resolved by the Java code.

* Action: Modify Java code, if this behavior is not intended.

Error at Line: 1

The license is at C:\chemaxon\license.cxl, but I also tried installing it in my profile on the machine hosting the cartridge, and I also tried putting it in the C:\Program Files\ChemAxon\JChem\cartridge\licenses location. I also tried restarted the JChem cartridge service. However, I am still getting the error.

I noticed in our old license file we had a restriction on Reactor:

<Restriction Name="B/S/P/E" Value="Professional"/>

Our new license file does not contain this line. Not sure whether this is relevant.

Thanks for your help!

Sincerely,

Jeri Levine

ChemAxon e274e1bada

02-03-2011 15:54:00

Hi Jeri,

could you please send me your JChem version?

Reactor Professional license has been ceased since version 5.3. The present Reactor license is equal the old Reactor Pro.

I guess you has a newer license key for Reactor, but you use an old Reactor binary. The solution would be the version upgrade to a 5.3+ version. The latest version is 5.4.1.1

Regards, Edvard

User d5a04d01e5

02-03-2011 16:54:55

Hi Edvard,

Thanks for your reply.

We are on JChem 5.2.5.1, and to be honest we hadn't figured on upgrading the cartridge just yet as we would need to coordinate that and test it, which will take some time.  Would it be possible for you to send us a license that is compatible with the version we're currently running?

Thanks,

Jeri

ChemAxon e274e1bada

03-03-2011 15:11:43

The license file has been sent.

Edvard

User d5a04d01e5

03-03-2011 15:50:45

Thank you so much!  I just tried it out, and it works.  We will plan to upgrade our cartridge, but this buys us a little time as we want to have a strategy for testing the upgrade before pushing it out.

User d5a04d01e5

27-12-2011 16:16:29

Well, it's been nearly a year, and I am back.  Regrettably, we have not yet upgraded our JChem version, but our new license file for 2012 has the same issue that we encountered back in February -- it does not apply to Reactor Professional for JChem 5.2.5.1, which we are still on.  Any chance I could trouble you once more for a 2012 license file that will work with this product?

Thank you,

Jeri Levine

ChemAxon e274e1bada

02-01-2012 23:09:58

Hi Jeri,

Sorry for the late answer, I was on Holiday.

I will send you the new license as soon as possible, at latest tomorrow.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Edvard

User d5a04d01e5

17-01-2013 20:22:15

I regret very much to say that this year, we are still in the same situation as we've been for the last two years. We are still running JChem 5.2.5.1, and the license we received does not work with our old version.  Any chance we could get a license that is compatible for the Reactor product?

Thanks,

Jeri

ChemAxon e274e1bada

23-01-2013 09:30:15

Hi Jeri,

I've sent a permanent solution for your problem by email.

Best Regards,
Edvard