Demo version of generatemd

User 1e48a9c6ec

24-06-2010 10:05:46

Dear ChemAxon staff!

I'm a german PhD student and might perhaps use BCUT descriptors in my research.

On the page https://www.chemaxon.com/jchem/doc/user/GenerateMD.html it says: "When no valid license key is found in the home
directory, GenerateMD runs in demo mode, where the number of molecular
descriptors to be processed is limited to 2000."

But running "./generatemd c input.sdf -c ../examples/config/burden.xml -o out.sdf -S  -k BCUT" complains about a missing license immediately.

I'm aware that I might apply for an academic licence, but since BCUTs might or might not be helpful to me (and thus may or may not be cited), I do not want do jeopardize my labs possibility to obtain such a licence for something else in the future, just because I tested whether BCUT descriptors might be useful to me.

Regards

Florian

ChemAxon efa1591b5a

28-06-2010 07:07:42

Dear Florian,

Thank you for your enquiry regarding the license problem you experienced when using generatemd. 

The license policy has been changed recently and we do not provide a limited quota without a valid license key. I have to admit that the documentation was not changed accordingly and I apologise for this discrepancy. Thank you for drawing our attention to this problem.

You are entitled to get a free academic license with which you can run all batch programs without any limitation.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Miklos