preferred method of providing the license to the web browser

User b39cf20463

15-03-2010 16:15:11

Thank you Alex.

In typical style, the problem has resolved itself while I was attempting to recreate it! I believe I was having issues with Java applet caching.

I do have a follow-up question though. What is the preferred method of providing the license to the web browser applet? At the moment I am using the javascript msketch_param function to pull the license file from a fixed URL. This exposes the license file to http get requests. Is there a better way to provide the license without doing this?

ChemAxon b124dd5f17

15-03-2010 16:22:10

Glad to hear it resolved it's self.

I moved your other question to another forum. One of the moderators here will be in touch.

Do note Academic package license should not be used for licensing web pages, they are personal licenses and not suitable for distribution. We can license freely in some cases, check the free pages.

Cheers/Alex

User b39cf20463

15-03-2010 16:59:29

My understanding of our original agreement was that the issued Academic Web license was applicable in this case, due to the highly restricted access of the web pages in question (viz. access for students attending the particular course).

The question about method of license delivery refers to the fact that I would rather not have to worry about unauthorised retrieval of the license file, however unlikely it may be.

ChemAxon b124dd5f17

15-03-2010 17:14:44

HI

This is my misunderstanding, I thought we were talking about academic package, not academic web - which is relevant for web delivery.

Alex