simple license issue!

User b5060702f7

15-06-2009 11:12:40

I've recently received the industrial license email for Marvin, the license details are found in text format at the bottom of the email though there does not seem to be an .cxl file attached.

I know you advise Please do not copy the content of the file to a text editor, please save the attached file to a location and use directly.so I'm not sure how to get this into a .cxl format to upload into the license. I've gone through the help link sent with the email but still can't figure it out.

Regards, Jonathan

ChemAxon 909aee4527

15-06-2009 12:46:09

Hi Jonathan,

The attachment panel on the bottom of the e-mail might be hidden, see attached image.

You can also try File > Attachments > license.cxl > Save As (the exact location of the option depends on the e-mail application).

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Judit

User b5060702f7

15-06-2009 12:59:41

Thanks Judit,

Tried this but no use. Also forwarded to my hotmail account and could not see it. I'm using Lotus as the email manager which usually indicates an attachment with a paperclip symbol but this is not seen- have you had any issues in the past with this and what are the issues copying the lines into a text editor?

Thanks, Jonathan

ChemAxon 909aee4527

15-06-2009 13:38:03

We haven't had this issue so far, but no problem, we will resend you the license file as a zip, I hope this will work better.

In case the license is copied to a text editor, the encoding and the leading BOM character can be ruined depending on the editor. For example Wordpad cannot save the file with UTF-8 encoding, while Notepad can be used safely.
Usually we try to precede this, this is the reason of the warning.

I hope the license file will arrive soon.

Kind regards,
Judit