cartridge complains about the license

User c8c126404b

14-05-2009 06:42:41

Hi,

We run evaluation of the JChem cartridge (the latest 5.2.1_1). I have it installed on our test Oracle server. JChem Server is running on a different machine. The license is installed on the JChem Server with the License Manager and is valid. It does contain a JChem Cartridge license.

I created domain index without any problems, but when I run a search I get an error:

select count(*) from all_struct where jc_contains(smiles,'CCC')=1

ORA-29902: error in executing ODCIIndexStart() routine
ORA-29532: Java call terminated by uncaught Java exception: java.rmi.ServerException: RemoteException occurred in server thread; nested exception is:
 java.rmi.RemoteException: No valid license for JChem Cartridge
ORA-06512: at "CHEMCONNECT.JCHEM_CLOB_PKG", line 73
ORA-06512: at "CHEMCONNECT.JC_IDXTYPE_IM", line 160

Did I miss anything in the installation?

Regards,

Plamen

ChemAxon aa7c50abf8

14-05-2009 14:45:36

Hi Plamen,

Did you follow the instructions in the JChem Cartridge installation guide on installing the license file: http://www.chemaxon.com/jchem/doc/admin/cartridge.html#regkey ?

Thanks

Peter

User c8c126404b

14-05-2009 20:05:36

Hi,

Yes, I followed the instructions, although in my case there was not much to follow -:)

Since this is an evaluation of JChem Cartridge I installed the cartridge objects in the same schema as the table with the structures.

select jchem_core_pkg.getenvironment() from dual; works fine as well as the index creation.

Regards,

Plamen

ChemAxon aa7c50abf8

15-05-2009 08:00:19

When you start JChem Server, what does it write to the console? (If you start it as a windows service, this output can be found in the "server.stdout" and "server.stderr" files in the "jchem\cartridge\logs" directory.)

Thanks

Peter

User c8c126404b

15-05-2009 08:26:13

Hi Peter,

Here is the error in server.stderr. I send the entire log file to [email protected].

Regards,

Plamen

SEVERE: No valid license for JChem Cartridge

java.lang.RuntimeException: No valid license for JChem Cartridge

at chemaxon.jchem.cartridge.servlets.search.QueryHandlerCreator.checkLicense(QueryHandlerCreator.java:298)

at chemaxon.jchem.cartridge.servlets.search.QueryHandlerCreator.create(QueryHandlerCreator.java:60)

at chemaxon.jchem.cartridge.rmi.impl.JchemSearchImpl.searchReturnSearchId(JchemSearchImpl.java:99)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

at sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(UnicastServerRef.java:305)

at sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Transport.java:159)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Transport.java:155)

at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(TCPTransport.java:535)

at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run0(TCPTransport.java:790)

at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(TCPTransport.java:649)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

ChemAxon aa7c50abf8

15-05-2009 08:43:45

It appears that the service process doesn't see the E:\ChemAxon\JChem\cartridge\licenses\license.cxl file. Please, could check the permissions of the E:\ChemAxon\JChem\cartridge\licenses directory and the license.cxl file in it?

Thanks

Peter

User c8c126404b

15-05-2009 09:10:38

Hi Peter!

There was no such file and no cartridge\licenses directory. I used the LicenseManager to install the license and it was reporting that everyhting is ok. (I can send you a snapshot of the screen)

I manually created this directory, placed the license file there, restarted the JChem Server and now it seems to work!

Is it something wrong with the License Manager or simply it shouldn't be used for the cartridge installation? Why it didn't complain at the index creation step?

Regards,

Plamen

ChemAxon aa7c50abf8

15-05-2009 09:20:04

Hi Plamen

License Manager can be used with a certain set of ChemAxon products -- mainly for desktop products. JChem Cartridge has a different way to handle license files. It is described at the URL included in my first post to this thread. (Apparently, you missed step 8. in the JChem Cartridge installation process: http://www.chemaxon.com/jchem/doc/admin/cartridge.html#install).

I am glad that the problem is solved.

Peter

ChemAxon a3d59b832c

15-05-2009 12:11:24

In the future we will add Cartridge license handling support into License manager.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Szabolcs