jc_molconvertb(cd_structure,'name') fails

User 4140faeba5

16-03-2009 12:35:51

Hi.

We have licensed among other things, something which is called "Structure to Name"

in the licensfile.

When I try to get a name using jc_molconvertb(cd_structure,'name') it fails, saying

Product name: IUPAC Naming Plugin

No valid license has been found.

Why does the license file have Structure to Name and not IUPAC Naming, which it is looking for, and how can I get this working asap ?

Regards,

Mikael

User 4140faeba5

17-03-2009 08:18:28

Got a new license file, everything works now.

Regards,

Mikael

User c68322b4b7

11-12-2009 09:47:01

I have the same problem. I tried to use jc_evaluate function in the cartridge for name generation but got the same exception.

To resolving this problem I have to change my license file?

Regards,

Mark

bvtmaiy wrote:
Hi.

We have licensed among other things, something which is called "Structure to Name"

in the licensfile.

When I try to get a name using jc_molconvertb(cd_structure,'name') it fails, saying

Product name: IUPAC Naming Plugin

No valid license has been found.

Why does the license file have Structure to Name and not IUPAC Naming, which it is looking for, and how can I get this working asap ?

Regards,

Mikael

ChemAxon 909aee4527

15-12-2009 15:16:14

Hi,

yes, IUPAC Naming Plugin is a former name of the Structure to Name license.

If you happened to receive a Structure to Name license, but you are using an older version, it won't work.
My colleagues are sending you the correct license file.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,
Judit

ChemAxon 0815c054e1

15-12-2009 17:15:32

Hi Mikael,

Sorry for the problems caused I am sending you a new license by email.

Nora

User 69091abd81

19-12-2009 00:03:42

Hello,

I don't want to create a new topic, because my case is, I think, similar... I'm using JChemManager and it don't allow me to create a column with chemical name, propably because I don't have key licence. It's strange, because in MarvinSketch it works just fine. Do I have to get this licence? Where can I get it and how?

Thank all of you for your help and best regards,

Irek

ChemAxon e274e1bada

23-12-2009 09:19:32

Hi Irek,

In some cases you can get free license for the ChemAxon products. Please check this page for thr details.

If neither of the conditions was not suitable please contact to sales _at_ chemaxon.com

Best Regards, Edvard

User 69091abd81

23-12-2009 10:30:27

Hi Edward,

Thank you very much for the reply. It was very helpful! :)

I would like to obtain a key licence only for generating IUPAC names in my 'private' drug database, if it's possible, but I don't know if I fulfill conditions. I'm accountancy student, but I'm interested in chemistry, especially in drug chemistry. I think I just send you a message to the address you gave me... :)

Thank you once more and best regards,

Irek

ChemAxon b124dd5f17

03-01-2010 14:59:57

Hi,

You can get a free academic license for all of our software non
commercial purposes if your are
studying or teaching at an academic institution, regardless of course or department.

To go forward with this, can you visit this
link
and make sure the conditions are suitable, if so then register
at our support forum
('Register' link at the top of the page). Once logged in
at the forum please re-visit the conditions and if suitable, accept and
complete the application. I will be able to send a link to the license
file upon receipt of the submission, if all is well.

FYI a listing of current subscribers is here.

Please come back if we can help at all in this process.

Cheers

Alex

User 69091abd81

03-01-2010 18:12:53

Hi Alex,

First of all, thank you so much for your help and "support"! Provided information were very helpful. There's one problem - my university don't provide institutional e-mails, so, in this field, I gave my second private e-mail address. My university uses Moodle platform to contact with the students... I hope it won't be a problem...

Again, thank you and best regards,

Irek

ChemAxon b124dd5f17

03-01-2010 18:24:25

HI,

We do not send out licenses unless there is some connection between the person and the institution (I am sure you understand our needs here).

I can send the mail to a colleague or department head (at an institutional email address) for your attention or fax a message to you, tho in this case I would need the URL of the page listing the fax number at the institutions web page or official contact location.

Does this help?

Alex

User 69091abd81

03-01-2010 23:16:27

alexa wrote:

HI,

We do not send out licenses unless there is some connection between the person and the institution (I am sure you understand our needs here).

I can send the mail to a colleague or department head (at an institutional email address) for your attention or fax a message to you, tho in this case I would need the URL of the page listing the fax number at the institutions web page or official contact location.

Does this help?

Alex

Hi Alex,

Yes, it's pretty obvious, but I haven't thought about it earlier. Still, I don't know if there's an e-mail address provided by Moodle platform, but I've already written mail to the administrator asking about this. Hope, they will help me. Just in case, I'll give this mail: cee _at_ uek.krakow.pl

I'm pretty sure, they're need my name, my student's registration book number and symbol of my course group: Ireneusz Kościak, 125390, group KrDZM5012Ra.

Thank you so much for your help. Hope, I don't cause you too many problems...

Best regards,

Irek

ChemAxon b124dd5f17

05-01-2010 17:19:32

HI Irek,

I posted to the cee email address and asked they forward to you. Please check with them.

Cheers/Alex