Problems activating license

User 5f602431d6

14-11-2008 18:40:54

I have downloaded the academic version of MarvinBeans 5.1.2 on my home computer, and am having trouble downloading the license to use the Protonation plugin. I have tried several things:

1. I was able to get to the support forum link for Academic Package for Research that has at the bottom Filename: license.cxl Description: license file for research. When I click on license.cxl, I get a message File type unknown. I found a program to read cxl files on the web that scanned my computer for repairs, but only for font and files. This didn't help.

2. Alex sent an email that says it contains the filename. It contains a long string. One is Field Name="Software Value = 'Marvin Beans"/>

Then ,<Signature Value="MC0CFQSYjBU2/wjsVBj897foFpNseUhAIUBeE9udE+enJSoU3jV/WsA6t6E+A=">

I presume this is the license file.

I was able to get to ChemAxon License Manager, and Install license file:

When I entered the above Signature Value, nothing happened. I tried with and without the quotation marks.

It says to enter the location of the license file, and after specifying the path, press the install button. But I have no path to the license file. On my home computer, under the C: disk, I can get to ChemAxon, but there is no chemaxon\license.cxl

I hope someone can help me. Thanks.

Gary

ChemAxon 909aee4527

21-11-2008 09:00:14

Hello Gary,

If you look in Alex's e-mail, where you saw the long string, you should see that though that string is displayed in the end of the e-mail message, it is an attachment of the license.cxl file, similar to that shown in the attached image.

You should save this file to an arbitrary location, then start the Chemaxon License Manager and use it to install the file.

Please tell us if you need more help.

Kind regards,

Judit