Help: Cannot install licence file (invalid?)

User a89cc3606c

16-06-2016 14:43:31

Dear support team,

When installing the license file I got using any of the ChemAxon programs (Version 6.2.1)  (e.g., Reactor), I keep getting a message that the license file could not be registered because it is invalid (?).

Also, this message is shown in the Restriction field: "Server Use: Not Allowed".  I don't understand this because we are using a Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit PC that is not a server.

In addition, I tried to install the license as admin and not even this worked.  I will be more than happy to email you a screenshot if that helps (please provide an email address for this option).

IMPORTANT: The license I got was academic research and we also want to use ChemAxon for teaching.  How can we make this work?

Your help and assistance on this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Guillermo Morales, PhD, MBA

ChemAxon 0265132c1a

17-06-2016 13:54:29

Dear Guillermo,

I checked your license, and for me it worked beautifully... Another issue though is that you requested a research license, not a teaching license. This is something that we can solve easily, I will issue a teaching license for you that can be copied to several machines within a class. Otherwise telling you the truth the error message sounds rather unusual as well.

I have 2 possible issues in mind that might cause this error:

1. The 6.2 version is rather old. In theory it should work with the newest licenses as well, but unless you insist on the specific version it might be worth trying to update to the current versions. 

2. You have other licenses registered to your name (not the same account though). I just want to double check that you are using your academic license.

Anyway, just to proceed with this I think a screenshot would be really helpful. Can you upload it to this forum thread? Or out of some security concerns would you prefer an email address?

I truly hope that the screenshot will help us to identify what's the matter over there. If not, no worries, we'll figure something out ;)

Have a great day and an excellent weekend,

Janos

User a89cc3606c

17-06-2016 15:28:03

Dear Janos,

Thank you for your prompt reply and feedback.  I would love to share a screenshot I took, but I cannot seem to be able to attach the file (upload a jpeg from my PC) using the forum's GUI.  How do you that? (give me your email and I'll email it to you directly).

I think I will download the most current ChemAxon version and install it to see if that helps.

The previous licenses you speak of, those I obtained around 2012 when I was at a different academic institution.  I am not longer with them since 2013.  The only license I am trying to use is the one I was granted about a month ago through my current association with IUPUI.  I hope this clarifies things for you. :)

Thanks Janos.  Looking forward to hearing from you.

You too have a great weekend!

Best, Guillermo.

ChemAxon 0265132c1a

17-06-2016 15:37:14

Hi Guillermo,

Well, we are about to change the forum engine - and with that I have to admit that image attachment can be a bit tough :) Though I ping you in email, it is easier that way - I think :)

Within a couple of minutes you'll receive an email from me, so you can answer that one.

Cheers,

Janos