molconvert & FreeWeb License

User c9ecc1389b

16-10-2015 12:27:18

Hi

I wonder if images produced by molconvert from InChI or SMILES strings are covered by the FreeWeb License.

Images would be for a non-commercial, no-login and academic web site. Images would be produced from our internal InChI or SMILES, not from user files or queries.

Regards

ChemAxon 0265132c1a

21-10-2015 09:49:19

Hi Sebastien,

Sorry for being a bit late with the response. I was a bit confused about your request, because in our system I could only find an academic teaching license under your name - no FreeWeb license. The SIB has a FreeWeb though, so I guess you meant the one that is on Anne's name and will expire actually in December. Is that correct?

The academic teaching license covers the conversion of InChI and SMILES strings. The FreeWeb license by default does not include this capability. I checked the above mentioned license and it only includes the other direction of the conversion, so the structure to name. 

So, now what?

If you want to add this plugin, I can generate a brand new license for you - this time for 2 more years that will include the conversion from strings. However, please confirm that the license above is really what we are talking about :) And please also ping Anne about it because if I renew that license it will be available in her ChemAxon account.

I hope it was useful,

Janos

User c9ecc1389b

21-10-2015 12:05:15

Hi Janos

Anne's license is for another independent project, for another team in our institute.

So please do not change Anne's license.

I ask for the license under my own name.

I would like to display metabolite images, converted from InChI or SMILES with molconvert, on an academic web site, and wonder what license could cover that. And keep all other conversions covered by the academic teaching license.

As mentioned, images would be for a non-commercial, no-login
and academic web site. Images would be produced from our internal InChI
or SMILES, not from user files or queries.

Regards

Sébastien

ChemAxon 0265132c1a

21-10-2015 12:50:34

Hi Sébastien,

Ah, ok now I understand. The license you need is a new FreeWeb license, you are correct. I can include our name to structure capability into your new license. 

What do you have to do?

Basically you answered all the questions we usually ask before issuing a FreeWeb license. And you seem to be eligible for it, so basically nothing is on you. I can generate your new license, and send an email about it soon.

Cheers,

Janos

User c9ecc1389b

21-10-2015 13:08:45

Thanks

I will update the license file.

Best regards